Chapter Seventy-Four

The Impala is parked in front of a hotel lobby at an angle.

......................

Erika, Sam, and Dean enter the lobby, soaked and gasping. Lounge music plays.

"Whew. Nice digs, for once" Dean wraps his arm around Erika who looks around, they approach the front desk. "Busy night"

"Any port in a storm, I guess" the front desk attendant, Chad chuckles. "If you could just fill this out, please" Chad hands over a form, Dean takes it.

"Yeah"

"Sir, I think... Shaving nick there" Chad hands Dean a tissue who dabs at the cut on his neck. "Your key" Chad holds out the key, Erika takes it.

"Thanks" she tells him.

"Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a coffee shop, would you?" Dean asks.

"Buffet. All you can eat. Best pie in the tri-state area" Dean smirks and looks to Sam and Erika.

"You don't say?" he teases.

........................

The Bachelors' 'You Know You Know (I Love You)' plays as Dean samples pies. Sam sits with Erika who smirks watching Dean.

"Tell me you sense something funky with this place" Sam states, Erika looks to him.

"Of course I do, but what can we do.....even Dean can't drive through that storm...." She tells him, Dean walks back over to them and sits at Erika's side.

"Sam, unpucker, man. Eat something" Dean tells him.

"We should hit the road, Dean"

"In this storm? I-it's..."

"It's biblical" Erika finishes shooting Dean a look.

"Exactly. I-it's friggin' Noah's ark out there, and we're eating pie" Sam adds.

"How many hours of sleep did you get since we left Mystic Falls? What? Three? Four? Bobby's got his feelers out, okay? We have talked with every hoodoo man and root woman in 12 states"

"Yeah, well, I'm not giving up" 

"Nobody's giving up. Especially me. We're gonna find the devil, okay? Soon. I can feel it. And we will find Cas, we'll find Adam. But you are no good to us burnt out"

"Yeah. Yeah, okay"

"Come on, we've actually got the night off for once. Let's try to enjoy it" Dean kisses Erika's cheek and smiles.

........................

A couple is making out in front of their room. Dean points and smiles.

"Oh, what are you, 12?" Erika teases, Dean scoffs and pulls her closer.

"I'm young at heart" he teases back, Sam opens the room door and they head into it. Dean whistles looking around. "Wow. Look at this. We're like Rockefellers. Chocolates! You want yours?"

"Knock yourself out" Sam answers and then scoffs.

"What?"

"Isn't this place... in the middle of nowhere?" Sam asks.

"So?"

"So what's a four-star hotel doing on a no-star highway?" Sam asks, they each lookup as a woman moans pleasurably on the other side of the wall. They can hear bed thumping, chuckling, then a loud thud which accompanies the brick wall of the room being smashed in from the other side, almost knocking the LCD flat-screen television off the wall. They share a look and then hurry out.