Chapter Seventy-Two

Dean stares at the full moon, he and Sam sat on the hood of the Impala. Dean sighs and looks to Sam.

"Are we really sitting this out?" he asks, Sam looks to him, they share a look before turning and climbing into the Impala.

..............

Erika vamp-speeds into the ritual area, Klaus looks at her she moves to him.

"Sorry I'm late, I had a few loose ends to deal with" she kisses his cheek, Jules, Elena, and 'Jenna' are still contained in the rings of fire. Jules continuously moans in pain. Klaus retrieves the moonstone from his pocket.

"I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it" Klaus hands the moonstone to Greta who takes it and looks up at the sky.

"The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?" Greta asks the twins.

"We remember" Erika answers. Greta drops the moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed. Greta begins chanting a spell in Latin. Klaus approaches the rings of fire. Jules still lies on the ground, moaning in pain, but looks up at Elena.

"Everything I did...I was just trying to help Tyler"

"Are you Jules?" Elena asks.

"I didn't want him to be alone!" Klaus looks down at Jules.

"Shall we?" The ring of fire around Jules disperses. Jules's eyes turn yellow and she uses her werewolf speed to rush at Klaus. Alas, Klaus gets the upper hand and pins Jules to the ground, plunging his hand into her chest and ripping out her heart. Jules takes a final breath, tears streaming down her face, and dies. Klaus breathes heavily as he holds the bloody heart in his hands. Elena and 'Jenna' look on, horrified. Erika smirks. Greta continues chanting a spell while Klaus holds Jules's heart over the ceremonial bowl, squeezing the blood into the flames.

"Does that mean it's working?" Erika asks.

"It's working" Klaus looks to Erika who looks back at him before she approaches the ring of fire containing 'Jenna'.

"Hello, 'Jenna'" Erika greets, 'Jenna' and Elena get up and look at Erika.

"Let her go. I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" Elena walks closer to the flames, causing them to flare up. She retreats.

"Careful" Erika warns.

"Elena, don't"

"No, Jenna! We can't leave Jeremy without a family" Elena looks to Klaus. "I followed the rules; I did everything asked. I didn't run. Please"

"Well, well" Klaus looks up at the top of the quarry, Erika turns and follows his eyes. "I don't recall you being on the guest list" 'Jenna' and Elena look up as well. Elena gasps. Stefan stands atop of the cliff.

"I'm here to talk"

"Very well, then" Erika and Klaus share a look, Erika then looks at 'Jenna', briefly, then vamp-speeds up to the top of the cliff and walks calmly towards Stefan as Klaus joins her. "What can we do for you, Mr. Salvatore?" Klaus asks.

......................

At the Old Witch House: In the basement, John, Bonnie, and Jeremy speak with Damon.

"Erika pointed us to the Gilbert journals....and well, we found something" Bonnie tells them.

"Johnathan journaled the story of a mother who called on Emily's services. The woman's baby was sick; dying. Emily cast a spell that would bind the woman's life force with her child" John adds.