•Part 19•

July 11th 1967

The cake was finally baked after the kitchen was destroyed. Flour had been flung everywhere and walnut crumbs covered every surface much to Amelia's dismay.

"Let's try to keep this place as it was before I left" she laughed.

"Hey! I didn't do too badly at keeping everything in order" Paul protested.

Amelia rose her eyebrows at him in disbelief and remembered the state that the house was when she arrived some time ago.

"Well... I guess I may have only bothered to tidy up when guests came round" he confessed.

She smiled and felt some what sympathetic towards him. He was a sweet little man but couldn't quite keep up with Amelia's standards.

"It's ok, my dear. I take pride in my cleaning and house upkeep" she said cheerily as she began to wash up the cooking utensils.

Once the washing was complete, Paul slouched onto the sofa and rubbed his face.

"Are you alright Paulie?" Amelia asked in a tender tone.

"I'm perfectly fine when I'm with you" he said softly.

Amelia smiled sweetly at his words and gave him a small kiss as a thank you.

She sighed "what should we do now?".

Paul looked up to see the view out the window "it's still pouring with rain".

"Let's go for walk!" She jumped up fetching their coats.

"What! Are you mad?" He laughed in disbelief.

"Of course I am," She exclaimed from the foyer and Paul chuckled once more "but I also like to have fun".

"If you say so" Paul replied trusting her decision.

He unlocked the door after wrapping himself in his coat accompanied by an umbrella that was big enough for the pair. It wasn't as heavy as it sounded on their balcony that morning and Paul began to feel as though Amelia's idea was perfect. There was nothing more exhilarating than pottering about in the rain.

"Mind you, it's just a bit of water" Paul remarked and Amelia smiled in agreement.

The couple strolled through the cobbled streets of London, saying hello to a few passers by who lived locally. They wondered through the park and stopped to take in the scenery.

"It looks very different in the rain" she commented.

"What does?" Paul asked.

"The park" she replied.

"Oh, I see" he responded.

"The trees seem closer together like their shielding themselves from the cold" Amelia remarked.

Paul chuckled " why aren't you an author Lia?"

She looked at him "because you are, therefore I have no need to be one".

Paul was a little puzzled.

"You write stories in lyrical form in a better way than anyone else can" she informed him, truly meaning every word.

This time he understood and took her hand placing a warm, and slightly soggy, kiss upon it. She looked at his brown eyes as the rain began to hammer down once again. It was harder than ever before and Amelia almost feared that she would be flooded away by the water. Paul moved her hand to his cheek and kissed it once more on her palm. Amelia moved closer to him under their umbrella and held his soft face. He leaned down towards her as she moved up to his lips and felt their mouths collide. As their tongues danced to the passionate rhythm of the rain, Paul mindlessly removed the umbrella from their protection and allowed the rain the stream down each other. No one dared to be outside in this moment of weather so the couple were confident that they were alone. Regardless of the scene and the immense amount of water, now soaking them entirely,  the two were completely infatuated with each other. Her hand continued to hold Paul's cheek as she rubbed her thumb gently to caress him. He had wrapped his right arm around her waist to keep her close and in contact with her precious body. Their noses rubbed against each other from time to time as the rain ran down their faces and necks. Paul still had hold of the umbrella but kept it hung to his left side. Amelia's other hand took control and found its way to the back of Paul's completely soaked hair. She continued to fiddle with the wet strands and made curls with his locks. It was as if she wanted to shower him with affection and kissing him was not going to do it justice. The rain finally dyed down and fell to a slow dribble to calm the commotion. The pair finished and gazed at each other still standing close together.

"I love you" Paul spoke gently.

"I love you too" Amelia replied in a similar tone.

Paul returned the umbrella to its upright position and lead them back to their home as she clung to his arm desperate for any amount of warmth she could grasp hold of.