•Part 22•

September 20th 1967

Amelia raised her glass, "Here's to the fabulous Beatles for, almost, completing their next hit film!"

Paul laughed, "Cheers!"

They tucked into their food. They were both more hungry than they had ever felt in their lives.

"Isn't this funny?" Paul said with his mouth half full,

"What is?" Amelia asked.

"That this is where we essentially went on our first date" He smirked and they continued to eat.

Amelia reminisced, "Yes, that is quite. I also faintly remember you ordering for me".

Paul smiled "Ah yes. That was interesting".

They both chuckled at the memory.

"But we come here so regularly now, I practically know this menu off by heart" Amelia said.

They continued to eat until desert. The night grew old and soon it was significantly late in the evening. Paul excused himself from the table and made his way to the mens lavatory. A sudden wave of exhaustion overcame him and he looked at himself in the mirror. A dangerous idea crept into his mind and he began to fumble around in his blazer pocket. He revealed the tin and look at it intently. His mind wondered about he should do. He thought about the boys and what they were probably up to at this moment in time. He slowly opened the sliver casing and gazed at the small contents inside. But then he thought about Lia. He thought about what she would think of him and the possibility of it leaking into the press. He truly cared about Amelia and respected her views, but he loved the band. He loved the music and new concepts that were coming in. He couldn't help but think about some of the thrilling times they had making Sgt Pepper. But then again, he was a wreck. Those times were not his best and he regretted many things during that period. Eventually, after fighting with his thoughts, he closed the tin and returned it to his pocket before making his way back to the restaurant.

"Are you alright dear? You don't look very well" Amelia asked him with care.

He smiled gently, appreciating her concern and was reminded why she was so good for him.

"I'm ok. Just feeling a little tired, that's all" He replied.

She smiled back and collected her things, "Lets get you home, Paulie".

The pair made their way to his place, walking in the early hours of the peaceful summer morning. Paul's bed never seemed like a more dreamy place than at this moment. The two were overwhelmed by tiredness and swiftly fell under the covers intwined with one another.

"I'm so glad today went well" Paul said, "I'm so proud of you".

Amelia brushed her hands carefully through his hair as if to say thank you. Though shortly, the moment of the boys from earlier that day crept back into her thoughts. The silver tin stood out to her and her mind began spirally as to what they could've been doing, she feared the worst but battled to forget about what she had seen. She laid down beside Paul and turned off the light on the bedside cabinet.

"What are we going to do when you've finished filming?" Amelia asked sleepily.

Paul thought for a moment about an idea he had been pondering on for a while. He desperately wanted to tell her but it would ruin his plan entirely.

"I'm not sure, love" he lied "We'll just have to wait and see".

He turned to look at her. She looked so peaceful and as if sleep would overcome her at any moment. Before it could, Paul gently leant down and placed a soft kiss on her lips. She kissed him back kindly and savoured the taste from his mouth. They remained in the moment for sometime before they pulled away to finally drift off to sleep.