chapter 16 : Jimin's confession

Mina's POV

"Such a coincidence to see you guys here!" exclaimed Jimin, who saw us from a distance.

I then started to wonder if it was actually a coincidence but maybe I was just thinking too much.

"Oh hello Jimin sunbaenim! What are you doing here?" Nayeon unnie greeted him politely.

"Needed to get some new shoes since my old ones are in a really bad condition." he replied, looking at Nayeon then at me. "What are-"

"How about you bring Mina along with you? She is always a great help when selecting all these because of her amazing fashion sense!" Nayeon unnie cheekily smiled at him and pushed me towards him. "Have a great time unnie!" Tzuyu laughed mischievously and ran away with Nayeon. Those two ... What are they planning now?

"Hey, so we better get going before you have to get home." he smiled at me genuinely.

"Sure."

*On the way home*

"Mina-ssi ... There's a ballet performance going on next week, do you want to go with me? I can save you a ticket if you want." Jimin smiled warmly at me as he walked me home.

"Next week? Sure I'm free, let's go together then!" I replied, this would be a good chance to get away from my first love.

After a short moment of silence, Jimin decided to speak.

"Hey uh Mina? You know I really hope you can forget about Mark. And I really mean it this time. I know it's really hard to do so but please, I don't want to see you hurt anymore. I don't want to see you cry over him already. You deserve a better man, a man who will love you wholeheartedly. I'm not saying I could be that man but if you would give me a chance, I want to show you how much I love you. I have always liked you since we first met. Just like you with Mark, I've felt the same way and it hurts to see you look at the direction of another man who hurts you deeply. I wanted to confess to you next week after the performance but I guess I couldn't hold it in. When I saw you at the bubble tea stall, your eyes towards Mark ... I know you haven't let go of those feelings, and I'm going to grab this opportunity to make you mine. So Myoui Mina, would you be my girlfriend?"

I could feel my pulse quicken, my face was probably red by now and I couldn't keep eye contact with him but as I looked into his eyes, I knew he was sincere about it. But ...

"It's okay. You don't have to answer me now. When you've decided, tell me when we meet next week. And please don't worry about it, I just want you to be happy."

I don't know why but although I felt nervous, I still couldn't feel a thing for him. My mind was thinking of an answer, but my heart wasn't with me at all.

"Thanks for walking me back. See you next week!" I thanked him politely and turned around to walk into the house when he held me by the wrist. "No problem but remember, I really mean it and I hope you consider it carefully."

All I could do was nod and quickly closed the door.

"Hi Darling, welcome back. Did you have fun today? And was it Jimin by the door? I heard his- Wow why is your face so red?" My mum asked as you looked at my now tomato coloured face. I mean I've only seen guys pull the girl by their wrist in shows and I never expected that to happen to me.

"Yeah I had fun, and yes it was Jimin. We bumped into him at the mall and he insisted to walk me back."

"That's very nice of him! But why is your face so red? Did you two?" She wiggled her eyes at me.