32

Shawn Mendes
- the famous condo

Holy fuck. Lila was here. In my house. She was holding my hand and I was shaking like I've never held a girls hand. Well I guess she's different, I really like her, I'm pretty sure I love her but not ready to admit it.

"What have you been up to then?" She asks as we go up in the lift, she was stood right in front of me, gazing down at our laced hands.

"I'll tell you once we're inside" I say softly. Since she came back I had been talking to her as if she was a piece of china and I'd break her. I don't want to see her hurt ever again and I've been thinking about that since she had been gone and it made me realise how deep my feelings go for her.

The lift opens, lila follows me and I'm so nervous I can't even get the key in the hole. "I got it" she giggles softly, she takes the key from me and does it with ease, looking up at me as she pushes the door open.

"Welcome to my home" I chuckle nervously. "Take a seat anywhere you want. I'll grab us some water" I tell her. She nods and I watch in awe as the girl wanders in.

I rush over to the kitchen checking on the ribs and they're not near done yet, I started making them to die out the nerves. I had to just get my mind on something else. I get the water and make my way back to Lila, she was sat up on the sofa fiddling with the sleeves of her top nervously. And how could I look away? I don't watch where I'm going and I trip and stumble to the floor over the edge of the carpet leaving the water to leave my hands.

"Oh god" Lila leans down beside me. "Are you okay?" She chuckles. At least I was making her laugh.

"Yeah just nervous, you-"

"You don't have to be nervous" she cuts me off putting her hand out to me as if she could lift me up. I take her hand hopping back up.

"I am nervous though" I sigh sitting beside her putting the water in front of us. My hands rubbing on my jeans, my right leg bouncing up and down. "Hey" her hand goes over mine.

"Why? It's just me"

I look right into her eyes feeling a knot form in my throat. Last I saw her we were crying together, me more than her and I didn't want to let go.

"Exactly, it's you" I let out. "I've not stopped thinking about you for a whole month. Some nights I couldn't sleep because I just wanted you to tell me you were okay or my mind would picture us dancing and I stumble or something" I let out a pathetic laugh. Lila wordlessly scoots closer and hugs my side.

"Tell me you're okay" I whisper. Again she doesn't say anything, I watch as she slowly straddles my legs and she cups my cheeks in her small hands. God, she was beautiful.

"I'm okay" she nods. My hands go to her waist and I pull her closer to me, I never wanted to kiss her so bad but I refrain thinking it would be too much right now . "Tell me about what you did, I wanna know everything"

She shakes her head no. "Not now"

"Please. Come on lay it on me, I've missed you Lila. I wanna know how you spent this past month" I plead. "Why?"

I let out a sigh. "I care about you" I look up at her teary eyes yet they managed to sparkle despite the pain they were showing.

"I don't want to talk about it" she says sadly.

"Just tell me. Why won't you?" I ask, I truly wanted to know. I wanted to know it all.

"Because it's so fucking sad. I don't want to tell you about the nights I couldn't sleep because all I could see was him. How I'd cry randomly because my skin would crawl because I could feel him. Or how I have pills to make me sleep otherwise I won't. Or how I literally feel so weak that I have pills to make me happier. Is that what you want to know? That I'm not happy unless I take a pill. Or that I'm not okay. Or I still remember how he touched me like it was yesterday. You want to know that I think about him when I'm here with you?" She asks, her voice breaking towards the end.

"Fuck" I mumble. "I asked to know because I want to know all the good and the bad. I want to go through it with you" I pull her down into me. Her cold cheek pressing against mine. I feel her shake a little and then her cheeks flood with hot tears.

I hold her in my arms. I swear I'd never let anything happen to her.

My hand rubs her back and soon she pulls back and kisses beside my lips. It was close enough.

"Let's get you in bed"

She nods standing up and I take her hand leading her to my room. Lila gets changed in the bathroom and I quickly do too. She walks out and I smile down at her.

"Come on" I pull her towards the bed. We get in and she reaches for her bag, she did need pills to sleep. I wish she didn't. I wished she could sleep knowing she was safe with me.

Once it's down she snuggles up to my side and puts her arms around me.

"I'm not going to hurt you" I kiss the top of her head. She doesn't reply, just takes my hand and kisses my knuckles.

-
It was an hour and a half later, the timer for the cooker finally went off making me groan for two reasons; I had forgot about the stupid ribs and the fact that Lila looked fucking stunning sleeping peacefully in my arms.

I ease Lila off me and get up going to the kitchen.

"Shawn?" She calls, she's already woken up. "One minute!" I yell back.

I quickly plate up the ribs and go back to the room where she's sat up waiting for me.

"Where'd you go?" She asks rubbing her eyes adorably.

"The ribs are finally ready" I say sitting beside her. "What?" She giggles looking up at me tiredly.

"The ribs" I say with a smile seeing a lazy smile on her gorgeous lips. "Here" I hand her one.

"I'm not hung-"

"Oh come on" I sigh giving it to her. She breathes out deeply then takes it. Seeing her like this made me happy. She was sat up next to me, smiling and yawning tiredly as we ate ribs together.

I was lucky she was here right now.