17

Lila Hamilton
-6 months later, January 10th

"-you're going to win babe, I know it and-and I know you're nervous, it's your first big fight but you're so much better than him" I encourage Jasper through the phone as I pace back and forth in the living room of Eli and Carmen's condo.

"I gotta hang up baby, I'm nervous as it is" he chuckles sadly. "Okay" I huff, all my efforts in making him feel good were just thrown out the window.

"I got popcorn!" Eli exclaims.

"Who's that?" Jasper asks, he was literally the most jealous and overprotective person I've met, sometimes it was cute but sometimes I wished he'd just trust me.

"It's Eli" I reply plainly. "That's it? Who else are you with? Why didn't you just stay home?" He bombards me with his repetitive question that I answer to every time he's away, which is a lot. His boxing career has taken flight, he's been to Germany, London, Vegas and California all in the last six months.

"We wanted to watch the fight together, I'm just with Carmen and Eli, what's the problem-"

"I'm going now. Talk later" he ends the call abruptly.

He's not my Jasper. The one I grew up with, the one he held me and made me laugh. He's different now that we're in a relationship. He asked me to be his girlfriend in October on Halloween. I was convinced I was over Shawn, I'm even convinced I didn't love him and that my emotions were simply heightened because of the severity of the situation. But I haven't told anyone, just Carmen and that's it. Apart from that I've not heard or seen Shawn personally but I've seen and read about him in the media. He's completely blown up and so has his relationship with Grace. I tried my best to sway away from his life and so far I've been successful. I'm okay now.

"Is he okay?" Eli asks. "Just being his overprotective self" I shrug putting my phone on the table. "He's a bit much, don't you think?" Carmen grabs a handful of popcorn.

"Hmm but he has a lovely side, he's still kind"

"He's a bit of a dick" Carmen says under her breath. I shoot her a look but she simply shrugs "what he is! He's not friendly Jasper, he's overprotective, aggressive, needy Jasper" she says all too fast as if she had been holding it in.

"He's not aggressive" I defend him. "Lila-"

"Fights on" I cut her off facing the screen. "I'm not trying to-"

"It's fine Carmen, let's just watch it" I tell her.

-
"I knew it!" I jump up completely excited that Jasper had won his first big match. "We all knew it" Eli chuckles pouring us some champagne.

"I hope he's okay, he did take a blow to his jaw" I say watching my phone hoping it would ring and it would be him.

"He'll be fine, he's back tomorrow right?" Eli asks. "Hmm you guys should come with me, to the airport. I'm picking him up at ten" I tell them.

"Sounds good" Carmen nods at the same time Eli's phone goes off signalling a notification. He puts his drink down grabbing his phone and his eyes go wide.

"Holy crap" he mutters. Carmen steps beside him looking at his phone. "What is it?" I ask about to take a look but Carmen grabs his phone.

"I don't know if this is what you need right now" she says and she knows me so well, I had to take her word for it but I wanted to see what almost made her eyes pop out her sockets.

"What is it about?" I ask looking between them. Carmen sighs handing the phone over. "Just look" she nods.

I brace myself looking down at the phone.

After six months, singer Shawn Mendes and model Grace Reign call it quits. The singer was seen without his wedding ring heading to LAX, probably on a flight home after the rough week he had. Grace was also seen heading home with tons of luggage but she didn't look affected unlike the Canadian who seemed to be crying as headed for the airport. Earlier this week they were seen with a lawyer and a close friend to the model said 'it's about time, they were not working out'
They both have yet to comment on the situation. All love goes to both of them, we really thought they were a power couple turns out they're not. Tell us what you think down below!

"Wow" was all I could get out. I give Eli his phone back and he looks at me to say something else.

"You okay?" Carmen asks me. I instantly nod "I'm fine, I don't care" I shrug.

_
If you've read my books you know I love a good time jump hehe