12. If I were

*not edited*

"You not only disobeyed me but," the male pushed his knees against the back of Jimin's making the male kneel. "Jiminie?" Taemin questioned gripping tightly on the male's hair. "Why does he call you that? Huh? Are you fucking him?!" He yelled. The vein on the side of his neck popping out and his face bright red.

__

In hindsight I should have left when you so willingly assaulted, five months pregnant, me after you met Yoongi. It wasn't even something I think deserved me getting beat for. For the first time I saw that. I had done nothing but feed myself and my son properly and have a friend.

That's all Yoongi was. He was a friend. Friends have nicknames each other, Taemin, it didn't mean I was sleeping with him. We weren't like that. Though you couldn't seem to get that through your thick skull.

I will admit you didn't hurt me like usual that day. You should have never laid a finger on me in the first place but it wasn't to the extent of usual. You slapped me a couple times but that was it. It's so sad to have to think that that was considered a good day with you but that's what it was. It was a good day. Yes you yelled at me yes you slapped me and pulled my hair but it wasn't to the extent that things would get to. So that night I went to bed without a limp. I woke up the next morning without the need to cover bruises.

It was a good day.

__

"Hey." A tired Yoongi approached the male the next morning. He was rubbing his eyes as he opened his locker to place his lunch and a change of clothes for after work since he had class once his shift ended.

Jimin didn't respond as he just stared blankly at the ground. He was seated on the bench waiting out the remaining five minutes before his shift starts.

"Jiminie?" The boy questioned when he heard reply. Said male visible finches when hearing the nickname. His head aching on the spot that Taemin had tugged on. Yoongi waited for Jimin to greet him but when that didn't happen he took a seat beside him. "Are you okay?"

"You're an idiot." Was all the younger mumbled.

Yoongi tilted his head confused at the sudden insult. "What?"

Jimin turned his body to the side so he was fully facing the blue haired male. "You're a dumbass!" He shouted shoving Yoongi's shoulders roughly. "What the fuck was that yesterday? Why would you do that?" He was shaking.

Yoongi just stared at him. A blank look on his face. He stood up and for a moment Jimin thought he was leaving until he closed the door locking it preventing any of the other employees from walking in and slowly making his way to the pregnant Jimin. He kneeled in front of him taking his hands in his. He could feel the younger's trembling fingers on his palms as he closed his eyes leaning his forehead down to land the boy's lap.

"It hurts me to see how much he has brainwashed you." He whispered taking a deep breath before raising his head to look at the boy in the eyes. "I couldn't just let him make you cry without saying nothing."

"Why do you even care? It had nothing to do with you." He snapped trying to snatch his hands away only Yoongi to hold them in place.

"I care because I love and care about you!" He said it louder than he intended making the boy in front of his flinch closing his eyes tight frightened by the loudness of his voice. It broke Yoongi's heart to see him afraid.

"Look we have worked together for a while now, a year and some months to be exact, and I'd like to think we've grown close in that time. I consider you a really close friend of mine and honestly I l-like being around you because you're this really amazing guy. Like your so sweet and you just don't deserve to be treated that way and I could stand looking at you crying and I just thought of that night when you came over my house. The only things running through my mind were the things you told me about him. Jimin I wanted to hurt him so bad. I would have but I knew that would have upset you." He released his grip sitting in the ground covering his face.

"I want to get you out of this situation you're in so bad. It's not healthy Jimin. It's toxic and I'm just afraid of the things he would do to you or the things he may already be doing."

"This is what a normal relationship is Yoongi." Jimin said wiping his tears that had manage to appear in his eyes.

"It's not!" The college boy shouted. "If you were my boyfriend I wouldn't call you a fat pig. I wouldn't seriously insult you in any way. I wouldn't lay a hand in you. I wouldn't force you to do something when you obviously don't want to-" his voice was loud. Jimin coved his ears with his hands trying to block out the words only causing Yoongi to speak louder. "I would stop when you said stop! I would be so fucking thankful to be dating Park Jimin and I'd treasure you and show you what it's like to actually be loved!" The room fell silent for a long moment before Yoongi stood up and quickly left the room without another word.

Jimin sat there contemplating everything the male said. 'If you were my boyfriend' running through his head. 'If you were my boyfriend I'd probably actually be happy.'