Part 16

When Darryl woke the next morning, it was with a heavy heart. He quietly wriggled out of bed, heading to Zak's old room. Stripping the bed, he made it with fresh sheets, then scanned the room for any of Zak's things. He picked up everything and moved it into their room, leaving only a bare recording setup and empty furniture. Darryl double checked the room, then crawled back into bed with Zak, satisfied. A6D wouldn't be able to mess with any of Zak's things now, at least...

When Zak stirred later, he turned to Darryl and found him staring at the wall, his eyes tight. "What's wrong?" Zak asked, worried.

"Nothing, you just, erm, said some things in your sleep," Darryl mumbled.

Remembering his dreams from last night, he shuddered. "What did I say?"

"Well, you said 'A6D' a lot. And then, you started saying 'not Darryl'." He took a deep breath, trying to keep composed. "And you kept saying-" Darryl wrapped his arms around himself, "you said 'A6D, not Darryl'." His eyes teared up, but he tried his best to not show the extent of his hurt.

"Oh," Zak sighed in relief, "is that all? Wow, why are you upset by that of all things? I probably said A6D a lot because he was chasing me in my NIGHTMARE! And 'not Darryl' was because he was trying to hurt you." He looked beseechingly into Darryl's eyes. "Please believe me," Zak whispered, kissing Darryl gently.

Darryl closed his eyes, mumbling, "I'm sorry, Zak. I'm just a little on edge at the moment."

"Look, I don't like A6D that way," Zak answered, "and no matter what happens, that's not going to change. I love you so much, Darryl. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and A6D and his petty crush can bugger off, okay?"

Darryl gasped, his eyes widening. "The rest of your life?" He giggled, "Is that a proposal...?"

"What?! No!" Zak laughed, hugging him. Darryl's face fell, and despite his best efforts he couldn't conceal his disappointment.

Zak rolled his eyes. "No it's not a proposal, you muffin. I do want to go there with you, don't worry, but now is such a terrible time. I don't want our proposal to be in our pajamas, brought on by a stupid French guy. It's meant to be special, you know," Zak pulled Darryl's chin down and started kissing him.

Darryl instantly relaxed, melting into the kiss. "Deal," he whispered into Zak's ear, "but I'm holding you to that promise."

Zak just giggled, tugging at Darryl's shirt. He got the hint and whipped it off over his head, sliding Zak's off as well. They lay together, catching their breath for a moment, then Zak climbed on top of Darryl and leant down, kissing him more urgently. They mashed their lips together, hands roaming each other's chests. Darryl laughed cheekily, teasing Zak's nipples and watching in amusement as he tried to contain his enjoyment.

Zak pulled Darryl's hands away from him, breaking the kiss. "Don't look like such a wounded puppy," he grinned, "I need a wee."

"How very romantic," Darryl rolled his eyes as Zak went to the bathroom.

Zak bounded back a minute later, jumping back on Darryl as if nothing had happened. He started to slide his hands down Darryl's pajama bottoms, but Darryl squealed and rolled away from him.

"Your hands are so cold!" Darryl protested, red in the face.

"Oh, are they now?" Zak sniggered, advancing again. He slid his hands onto Darryl's arse, grinning.

Darryl's eyes were like saucers and he was holding his breath, trying not to jump away again.

"If you really loved me, you wouldn't care if my hands were cold," Zak winked.