Part 45

By the time the sun had risen the next morning, Zak was a bundle of nerves. Hearing a knock on his door, he jumped and pulled his covers tighter around him, ignoring whoever it was.

Sighing and shoving the door open, Ally marched in with Clay in tow. "Up, now!" She demanded, arching one brow incredulously at his blanket den. When he didn't move, she dragged him headfirst off of the bed.

"Ow!" Zak complained, reluctantly standing up. "What do you want?"

"It's not what I want," Ally tutted, slipping an arm around Clay's waist, "or I wouldn't be dragging your ungrateful arse out of bed, trust me. But you need to get showered and dressed, so hurry up!" Zak yawned and she frowned. "Did you not sleep properly?"

"Um... no." Zak looked sheepish, avoiding her gaze. "I guess I just... missed Darryl a bit."

"Ew. That's sickeningly sweet - get out of my sight, you goof," Ally chided, watching as he blushed and hurried into the bathroom. As soon as she heard the lock click, a pair of arms slid around her waist.

"I guess we'd better get ready too," Clay murmured in her ear, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Sure. But you've got to promise me one thing first," Ally smirked, turning to face him.

"And what's that?"

"This time, don't get hard when you see me in my dress. It's my brother's wedding, after all."

Laughing and interlacing their fingers, Clay took them to his room. "I'll try my best, but I'm not making promises I can't keep."

It was almost an hour later by the time both of them had showered and got into their outfits. Picking up her purse, Ally went back to Zak's room to check on him.

He was dressed in a handsome black suit, typing furiously on his phone. As Clay came in the door, he swiped it from him and shut it down.

"Hey, give me my phone back!"

"Not a chance. I know exactly what you were doing, so don't even try to argue with me." Going back to the landing, he shouted down the stairs, "GEORGE?"

"Yeah?" Popping his head over the banisters at the bottom, George waved to him.

"Take Darryl's phone away from him. The scumbags have been texting each other behind our backs."

"Oh!" He scowled, looking through the kitchen doorway to where Darryl was sat with Jacob. "I will," he called, stomping over to Darryl and snatching away his phone too.

"Hey! I was busy, give it back!" Swiping uselessly at George, Darryl desperately tried to get his phone out of his hand. Giving up, he crossed his arms petulantly. "Why are you so God damned tall?!"

"Why are you so God damned rude?" George retorted, frowning defiantly at him.

"Who's rude?" Vincent asked, wandering in and picking up some pastries off of the counter. He shoved half a croissant in his mouth, holding one out to Dave as well.

"The lovebirds have been secretly texting," Jacob sighed, rolling his eyes. "Honestly, you'd think it had been fourteen years, not one night!"

"This is so not the time for memes," Darryl grumbled, shifting his tie nervously. His suit was matching Zak's, with a red handkerchief in the pocket as opposed to his blue one.

"It's always the time for memes, you pinecone," Dave sniggered, leaning against the counter. "Anyway, it seems to distract you a bit, at least."

Darryl started to protest, but the doorbell rang, cutting him off. He opened the front door nervously.