Chapter 24

I instinctively stepped between my dream self and Mammon to get a better look at the prince of hell.

As expected the guy was hella handsome. His platinum blonde hair was swept neatly back to avoid strands from falling in his sea green eyes. He was tall, his pale muscular figure towering over me easily.

I was now more than aware that everyone in the room was a demon.

The bartender was somehow even more muscular than Mammon, muscles rippling even when he was relaxing. His hair was cropped short on the sides and fell in his eyes.

I inwardly laughed. Images of Eistibus, Jesus and Kushiel. How ironic that demons looked like perfect beings and angels like the bottom of the feeding chain. Then again, it made me wonder if demons had two release forms like we did.

The others moved closer, eager for the meeting to start. I retract my previous statement. Five males and one female.

Mammon held my gaze for a few more counts before moving to the rest. "Oeillet. I see the club is still going well. Rosier. Belias. Ah and the queen of Fairies! What an honor, Queen Isabel."

Oeillet, prince of Dominions in Hell.
Rosier, right-hand man to Oeillet, second prince of the Dominions.
Belias, prince of Virtues in Hell.

I wondered why their names clicked in my head the way angel names did but the question quickly changed to why Isabel's name didn't click.

I guess I should explain that Hell is a very complicated place. Yes, is. In Alto no one dared to breathe a word about Hell, definitely not to me but I always knew that there were princes of Hell, that governed the realm. Then there were the generals who ruled over the fallen angels and other kinds of...things. Or well, I'm not sure. There are supposedly not so many fallen angels (because who would leave Heaven, right?) and so the generals were the counterparts of saints, the disciples of God himself.

"You know why I am here, yes?" Mammon interrupted, his attention trained on Isabel as if she was the only thing in the room.

"Is it time already?" Her voice pierced my mind, numbing the ache my memories had created.

Mammon nodded.

Her forehead creased, deep in thought. Somehow it made her look more entrancing. Much like everyone else she wore regular clothes. A faded t-shirt, three quarter jeans and white high tops. Brown eyes so dark they seemed blue captured everything in her wake, paralyzing them.

The attention shifted from Isabel to my dream self.

"You know your role, boy?" A guy asked, Rosier I think. "Without you, we will not succeed. If you fail us..."

He let the thought hang in the air, but Josh didn't seem affected.

"You do not have to remind me. I know what you're capable of Dominion. No need for your magic." Josh taunted the demon covered in ink. "What is the first move?"

Mammon was watching the interaction between Josh and Rosier. "Oeillet and Belias will handle it. Just wait. Meanwhile, Isabel will accompany you."

"What?" Shouted Belias. Unlike the rest of us in the room with the exception of Josh, he was more lanky and athletic than wrestler. "There is no way her majesty is going with him. Not now."

A silver blade pressed against his pulse. "Her majesty can handle herself."

Mammon smirked. "Not wise berating her while she's next to you and you'd be wise to head my order."

His sea green eyes fixed on Belias and flickered, glowing bright. Discernable images swirled and I immediately knew only Belias could decipher them.

He placed a firm hand on Josh's shoulder. "Go with Isabel and await your time. Do not fail us, boy."

Ignoring his hand and weighted stare, I turned to Isabel who was already staring at Josh. The dream flickered as if coming to close. No not now, I thought, but the dream was already fading. The last scene was Josh and Isabel in the sunlight, looking just like they had come out.

I sat up, drenched from sweat. My eyes swiveled around the room, landing on Draco and then the girl with her back turned towards me.

In a millisecond I had Draco leveled at her head. "Isabel, Queen of Fairies, right?"