Chapter 18

That's how I spent the rest of my time in hell, switching between realities while in my head pained.

Julia's eyes kept disappearing, replaced with the woman's unique, glorious blue eyes until eventually everything faded.

I found myself nowhere, standing alone in a black space. Immediately after I had thought it appeared blue too, gently it began fading in out and out with the black. I have to admit I got distracted, forgetting my initial sense of despair and confusion.

But then something occurred to me, I felt almost lighter. Then I realized there was no Draco on my back and no Harry arguing with me.

"Harry!" I shouted, his name echoing in the abyss. As I waited for a response, it dawned on me. How exactly was he supposed to reply?

But something told me to try again, an instinct backed up by absolutely no rational thought. "Harry!"

"Face to face at last." Said a man who was definitely not there a moment ago.

"Who are you? Where are we?" I asked, looking around for anymore appearing men.

"Don't you recognize yourself?" The man asked. I took a closer look at him.

I didn't like how those hazel eyes glittered with mischief as he stared at me. Or the way his light brown hair was swept back so perfectly. He was my height which meant he was very tall. He was definitely masculine, making me think twice of charging and threatening him.

"Myself huh," I summed up. "There is no way I look like that. I have it on good authority that my hair is two colors and I have a scar on my face. So sorry, pretty boy, but you're not me."

He stepped closer, his eyes glittering a bit brighter. "Haven't looked in the mirror lately then, huh? Don't you think Julia would've asked why your hair is two colors or why the area around your eye is burnt?"

My hand instinctively went to my eye, expecting the hard, scared tissue that it always met yet it met smooth, warm skin. I couldn't see my hair obviously but still plucked out a few strands. They weren't their usual white and red.

I returned my vision towards the man. "Who are you?"

He smirked. "Well, you haven't been listening. I am you, but I guess you'd know me as Harry."

"Harry?" My eyes widened.

"Oh don't be so stupid," Yep, it was definitely Harry. "Something that lives within you? Gives you power? I am you, Joshua! Or I guess the old version, the version before you died."

"Before I died?" Suddenly the pain in my head returned. "But how? I looked different in Alto and now I look different again? And if you're the old me then why can't I remember anything? Why do I have powers?"

Suddenly, he didn't seem so perfect as his eyes darkened. "If you could actually remember when you entered heaven you'd know that you didn't come with multicolored hair or scars. As of how… Well, that's all you. Something must've happened to force your old self with your memories deep within you. As of the powers…You've always had a powerful imagination. "

"This is too much." I said, grabbing my head. "You're telling me that all of this is in my head?"

"No, I'm saying that everything that happened did happen, but it all happened because you made it happen. No demon or anything else gave you those powers, you did. You, Nine, are an angel."

Then the weirdest thing happened. As if I needed more evidence that I was an angel, humongous black wings sprouted out of Harry's back stretching to their full length.

"You named a demon and a sword after Harry Potter characters. You magically remembered the city Chicago. You stared at a river and a cellphone without actually knowing what it was. You met freaking Jesus and didn't even know who he was. Face it, Nine, you remembered things but not everything."

"Why Chicago? Why was I stationed here?" It was all crumbling down. "Was this the place where I was born?"

"No Nine, this city is the place where you died." Harry delivered the final blow that destroyed my already fragile world. "You are remembering and soon you'll remember the reason why this is happening."

"What do you mean remember the reason for this?" I shouted but Harry was already fading.

"The reason you are an angel. You made it happen." Harry said as he faded and the actual world shattered.