Chapter 10

Josh

It was not my best moment, charging a divine being with just my bare hands, and yet stopping was not an option.

As Eistibus stood (or floated), he must've been in a state of shock because he didn't move an inch as I tackled him. Not being able to comprehend my move, we both plunged off the side of the cliff.

"Josh!" I heard Armaros yell but her voice was already growing faint.

"You stupid brat!" Eistibus grumbled, breaking my hold on him. The wind ripped at my clothes and multicolored hair. My left eye seemed to be undamaged from the burnt skin around it.

Eistibus swiped at me with his staff but I was now far above him. He flicked his staff again and my fall accelerated until his hand wraps around my throat.

Kinky bastard!

He swapped positions with me, forcing me to lead the fall. I couldn't see any humane features on Eistibus' globe of a head but I could feel him smirking.

"You probably don't know this but the realm of the Lord is surrounded by a barrier to stop any demons or other similar things from getting in! These things are incinerated when they touch it! Let's see if you burn, Angel!"

My eyes widened. I didn't know what I was nor what was inside of me but I didn't want to find out by being incinerated. I sensed it too, something impending, getting closer.

I turned when I felt the barrier, I braced for death by explosion...

... And BANG!

Wait, bang? The sound was wrong, instead of an explosion it sounded more like a bird hitting a window. My eyes widened as the sound of cracks reverted all around us. I smirked as I threw Eistibus through the barrier, breaking it like said glass.

Immediately, we were falling again except this time there was something below. Strange tall-like buildings that stretched towards us yet still far below.

I gripped Eistibus and threw him as far away from me as I could. I wondered how I would land without breaking every stupid bone in my body. My instincts took over and after a few flips and twists, I came up standing on a wooden pole.

Eistibus hadn't done the same. A plume of smoke and carnage went on for a distance as the angel fell into practically everything.

Ha fell! Get it? Falling angel?

Suddenly, a building was launched in the sky and Eistibus stood, once again in his human form.

"That is it! You will die where you stand!" He yelled and two massive blue and orange wings sprouted out of his back, stretching, filling the width of the street.

The sword Something murmured.

Damn, I immediately thought.

Claim the sword and finish him! He edged as visions of a thin black, seemingly deadly, sword flashed in my mind.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the images which were constantly switching with Eistibus barreling down the street.

A roar cleared the visions completely, and I was greeted by an angry angel.

Armaros

"Let me pass, Armaros. I do not have time for this." Joshua sneered, pointing the tip of his bone sword at me.

I slowly wrapped one of my chains around my fist as my skirt of fists clenched and unclenched. "Why Joshua? So you can go kill your angel? You know for a teacher; you have a habit of making terrible decisions."

His helmet shook as he shouted. "He is not an angel! He is a demon and belongs with-with..."

"With Lucifer?" I finished for him. His number one student that went on to the highest level a angel could go and then fell from heaven.

"Yes like Lucifer. If Eistibus cannot figure the boy out, and since they are both off the cliff I'd say he couldn't, then he is a demon. I will kill him. I will not make the mistake of Lucifer all over again." Joshua promised. He lifted his sword again. "Now out of my way!"

My many arms stretched out and my hands took the shape of fists. My chain-hair began to float, alert and ready, except for the two wrapped around my original hands.

"You know, fighting is not allowed in heaven unless for training purposes?" I taunted. Of course he knew this.

He smirked. "Then perhaps let me teach you a lesson, but it doesn't really matter in the end. We're at the edge of heaven, so the rules don't apply."

And with that declaration, shadows erupted from Joshua taking the form of ravens. I readied myself as did he and for a moment all that could be heard was the chain links clinking together and the ravens hawking.

Then we charged.