Chapter 17

We walked into a crowded place, surrounded by gigantic buildings. "So what makes this highschool such a hell?"

"Well it's just a pain to be here. We sit in classes and learn stuff we probably won't need ever, but you know? We have to do it." Julia explained, while checking her bright device.

"What's that?" I asked, referring to the device.

"Oh sorry, I'm just looking at my schedule." She answered.

I looked around, trying to figure out how this place was a hell. Then again, I haven't seen hell before, so this could be it. It was hard to figure out my thoughts when my head was aching.

Someone placed their hand on my shoulder. "Excuse me, Sir, but you need a pass before you can continue."

The pain flared.

"You can't be here, Sir. " Someone chuckled as I got shoved further away. "You need a pass, and it just so happens one of my boys here will give you one."

"Stop pushing me." I growled, shoving the arm off my shoulder. The man looked at me strangely and repeated his statement making me realize that he was not the same man talking a moment ago.

I nodded and followed the guard while trying to figure out what had just happened. I unconsciously answered the questions while my head continued to throb.

"Just stay with your friend, and you won't get lost. Enjoy the rest of your day sir." He said politely, I made my way back to Julia before he grabbed my shoulder again.

"The boss has a plan for you, Josh. Right now all you need to know is that it's time to say goodbye." Another voice said quietly before snapping my neck.

"You forgot your day pass." The guard stuck his hand out. In it was a type of card the size of my palm. I grabbed it out of annoyance and hung it around my neck.

What is going on, I asked inwardly while drawing on Harry but he wouldn't answer. It was as if he wasn't even there.

"I see you got your pass. Come, I'm late for class." Julia grabbed my hand and broke into a run. I was forced to follow.

We entered a vast room that was filled with seats. Far below a woman spoke, her voice echoing throughout the room. Almost every seat was taken, and our arrival was not unnoticed. Some turned to look but once their eyes laid on me, they quickly turned away again as if I wasn't even there.

Julia grabbed the first open seat, and I fell clumsily into mine. She quickly grabbed books out of her bag and followed what the woman was saying. I tried focusing on her words, but it was as if they were filled with magic. The louder they got, the more my pain amplified.

Julia grabbed my hand again and mouthed. "Are you okay?"

"Babe, are you okay? Tell me what's wrong?" A sweet voice asked, and all I could identify was lovely blue eyes.

"What are we doing here?" I argued but didn't really argue. It was as if I was watching myself in a another time.

I wasn't the one doing the talking.

"Baby, I understand why we're desperate but this isn't the way. Haven't you seen the news? This can not be worth the risk!" I argued, raising my voice but the woman didn't back down.

"We need this, Josh." She insisted.

Julia's black worried irises met mine and I squeezed her hand. She's a remnant of my past but what were those other things? Like snippets of another reality forced into this one, they didn't belong.

I didn't belong here either. I was meant to do God's work in Chicago not wallow on my past yet here I was.

"Oh come on! There is no way, in any universe, that Drarry will happen." I argued with the same woman as before. She just smiled teasingly.

Somehow that annoyed both versions of me. I couldn't identify anything besides her eyes, and the other version couldn't stand her argument.

It seemed like all I did was argue with this woman.

"Oh please babe, there's obviously chemistry and don't forget that Harry belonged in Slytherin. What more do you need? Him and Draco were meant to be together!"

My eyes widened. Harry and Draco? I reached over my shoulder and felt the hilt of Draco but still couldn't feel Harry within me.