February 10, 1955

Lauren's POV

"So, let me get this straight." Driving down highway 43, Keith finally made it to a stop light. "This Christopher guy's your granddad?"

"Apparently."

"But Lauren, where does the other man you know come in at?"

"I'm not understanding anything myself. Are you sure your mom will allow us to do this?"

"I don't see why not," his foot pressed the gas. "The office is full of public and private records. I'm sure she'll be able to find something on the Shaws."

"We'll see." Glancing at his gas line, the fool was driving just about on E. "Don't you think you need to get some gas? I'm not trying to be on the side of the road."

"Yeah... you right."

Taking a quick detour to fill up, he pulled over at a local gas station.

And of course I wasn't getting out.

"Bring me a Sprite! I want the bottle and not the can."

"But where's the money."

Rolling my eyes, "You got it. And bring a pack of Starbursts too." Getting comfortable after blasting the air, I grabbed Grandma Liv's journal from my bag and flipped to my last stopping point.

And to my surprise, the handwriting was different.

**

2/10/55

If two people really dug one another, they couldn't be torn apart no matter what happened.

Despite everything, I still dig you. I'll always love you Olivia, and there ain't nothing that'll change that.

Always yours,

**

"Slow down there, brother." Sipping slowly after his warning, Joe placed his beer down as he watched Christopher guzzle down his 2nd glass of wine.

"For what? It's weak. Hit me with somethin' stronger."

"No." Joe started to ramble.

"Have ya ever thought that talkin' bout the way ya feel is better than drinkin' ya feelin's away?"