December 18, 2012

A prayer was the last thing from earth that Olivia heard.

Eyes opening, her surroundings were the most beautiful thing she could ever imagine: perfect clear skies, and fields of vibrantly colored flowers.

Standing, she started her journey through the lovely field, only to meet a stoned pathway.

She felt dainty, refreshed, and light on her feet.

She felt free.

A garden of white roses captured her attention, she just couldn't resist kneeling down to take one. Just as she thought she had seen the most excellent choice, a familiar voice called out to her.

"Olivia Perkins, ain't you lookin' mighty fine this evenin'?"

Looking exactly as she remembered, he held unto the most perfect white rose for his lucky lady

"Christopher!" Olivia ran, jumping into his arms. The two embraced for what seemed like an eternity.

Because that's exactly what it was.

"God knows how much I've missed ya," his lips swept her ear, placing the rose into her hand.

"I know," she grinned. "He told me. Say, ya talkin' bout how good I look, what about ya self. I'm the one that's all elderly."

Christopher wore a smirk, "Mama have ya taken a good look at ya self?"

"No. I don't see any mirrors around here."

At the snap of his fingers, a full length mirror appeared.

"Wa-lah!" he eyed his reflection. "Come on and take a look."

She couldn't believe it.

Wearing a strapless white dress, her salt and pepper tresses were black and styled like old times. The wrinkles from her face had vanished and the once visible vein lines that covered her hands were gone.

 The wrinkles from her face had vanished and the once visible vein lines that covered her hands were gone

Everything was truly otherworldly, she looked and felt 19 again.

"Still wearin' ya ring." Christopher smiled. "Good, glad ya brought it with ya. We're goin' go need that, especially for what I've got in mind."

"Boy ya always up to somethin'. What ya have planned?"

Pulling her into his arms, he linked his right pinky to hers.

"I ain't ever been one to not keep my word. I promised ya forever, didn't I?"

"Mhm."

"If two people really dug one another, they couldn't be torn apart.."

"No matter what happened," Olivia finished.

Hooking her arm to his after sharing a kiss, the two lovebirds went off into the sunset where they would finally spend eternity together.

Free of any problems, any hurt, and any pain.

The End.

Author's Note: Finally, it has come to an end. Despite the circumstances concerning the events, I hope that this story has brought a smile to your face at some point or another. Thank you for all of the support! It's very much appreciated! And as always..

Peace & Be Wild 💜