Chapter 23

We get to the arena and the whole time I was squeezing Matthews hand really hard. He would look at me worried and kiss my cheek here and there which would get Jack and Nash even more pissed and Shawn and Andrea even more sad. I felt horrible. We get out of the limo and walk in but Matthew pulls me aside to talk.

"Are you ok?" He asks worried. "Yeah I'm fine." I tell him. I look down. "No you're not." He says and lifts my chin up with his hand. "It's just..." I get cut off by Bart telling everyone to huddle around him. We go over by Bart who looks happy. "Ok guys... so for this performance we are gonna make it big cause it's the last performance for three months.

That's when my heart shattered. Tomorrow I have to leave Matthew... he's on the whole other side of the country away from me. "Karrisa can you do a duet this time?" Bart snaps me back to reality. "Wait... what?" I ask him. "Duet?" He says again. "Why me? I don't sing." I tell him and Jack Johnson laughs. "Yeah ok Kar but I've watched a video of yours and you sang like a angel." He says. "First, Kar? And second, I only sang in videos like... three... four times." I say.

"First, Kar is a nickname and second, um.. you've sang a lot. You have a separate play list of just you singing." He says. Ok that was true. "Ok fine... but with who?" I ask Bart. "Well I was thinking maybe Shawn." Bart says. I look at Shawn who's still pretty sad. "Yeah sure." I say. I squeeze Matthews hand again. He squeezes back.

After we talk with Bart and are dismissed I hurry off and hide so I can cry. The only person that cares or likes me is going to have to leave. But I'll see him in three months right? Ugh... Matthew runs after me and hugs me. "What's wrong?" He asks worried. "Tomorrow.. I just realized.... We have to split." I say through tears. He rubs my back. "Sssshhhh it's ok. Don't worry it'll be fine. I'll be there with you the whole time." He says and pulls away smiling. "Wait what are you talking..." But I get cut off by Bart saying fans are piling in. I wipe my tears away and calm down.

I walk back out with Matthew and we run out and high five fans and take pictures. The boys grab some mics and speak into them saying funny stuff.

Everyone's performed... and now it's me and Shawn's turn. I look at Matthew who squeezed my hand one last time. Me and shawn are gonna sing Life of the Party. We walk on and everyone cheers... but there's some boos because I'm a girl... he's a boy. "Hey guys!" Shawn says in the mic. The fans cheer hey back. "I'm here with Karrisa Winter and we are gonna sing Life of the Party!" They cheer.

Shawn starts off. And that's when I actually start singing.

We walk off and the fans cheer. We all run back out and say goodbye and thank you for coming. When we get off stage you can feel the sadness slowly flooding in. Everyone's faces turn from smiling to frowns. A tear slips my eye and Matthew squeezes my hand again. "It'll be ok" He whispers in my ear and kisses it. I give him a small smile which fades away and we all walk silently back to the limo.

We get in and it's depressing. "Guys." Carter says. "Listen we can't just Nope around. Well see each other in three months." Carter says. Everyone nods. We arrive at the hotel and get out. "Everyone in mine and Taylors room. Last night sleepover." Cameron says and we all smile. We run inside and into our rooms. We grab everything and quickly pack it then race to Camerons room.

Matthew just opens the door and we invite ourselves in. Everyone is already there. "Who wants to play truth or dare on the last day?" Jack G asks everyone... but just happens to be smirking at me.