6- Truth or Dare

"There is no remedy for love but to love more." ~ Henry David Thoreau

~~~

The room went silent for a short period of time. I still felt awkward and unsure of what to do. Should we just sit and keep each other's company? Should we do our own individual thing?

Sigh.

"What do you normally do at this hour of night?" He asks breaking the silence.

Thank God!

One more minute and I'd lose my mind.

"Uhm, I normally go to sleep when I'm home or just read over my notes." I respond.

I just realize how boring my life is. For a teen, I need to be more active, more involved. These are the moments that I should enjoy. After all, these are the times that I'll have to tell my kids about.

"Want us to play a game?" He asks with a smirk.

This should be interesting.

"Sure, what do you have in mind."

"Truth or dear." He says, maintaining his smirk. I've only played this game two or three times with Jake and Emily.

"Okay...well, truth or dare" I ask softly.

"I choose dear." He says and I thought about what to make him do.

"I dare you to...uhm, do a moonwalk."  I say with a mischievous smile.

"Okay then."

He immediately got up and started to glide across the room vigorously. It was as if he wasn't even trying but yet still, he did it so perfectly.

"There you go. Now your turn, truth or dare." He says. I couldn't help but blush.

"Truth."

"What is the wildest thing you've ever done with your boyfriend?" I paused at his question. I never imagined him asking me this. I was completely taken off guard. I was trying to figure out a way how to tell him that I've never had a boyfriend before.

"Did you hear my question?" He ask and I realize that I had paused a little too long.

"Well, umm...I've never-" I whisper stumbling over my words.

"You've never what?" He says, as if he knows what I am trying to say, but needs confirmation.

"I've never had a boyfriend before." I say focusing my attention on my fingers that I am now playing with. This is something that I do when I feel nervous or overpowered.

I didn't know how to face him so I try my best to avoid his facial expression. The room went silent again for about 2 minutes when I hear him say,

"You've done other things though, right?" He ask in disbelief. If I haven't had a bf, how could I do other things? Or he thinks that I'd just go around and do stuff with random people.

I shook my head, still not looking in his direction.

"You've never kissed a guy before?" He presses along this line of conversation. I've never felt this awkward in my life. Why is he making this so difficult?

"No, I haven't. Why are you asking me these personal questions by the way?...I've never had feelings for a male, but I feel like I'm developing a mere attraction for-" He cuts me off again as I'm about to admit to having a certain attraction for him.

"Is it that you like females rather than males?" His question took me by surprise. I couldn't believe that he would assume such thing. I felt insulted.