13- New Look

"Soul mates. It's extremely rare, but it exists. It's sort of like twin souls tuned into each other." ~ 'What Dreams May Come'

~~~

I wake up to the sound of my alarm singing boisterously in my ear. I slowly open my eyes feeling the effect of the sun that beams throughout my room. I then reach over the bed side table for my phone to check the messages that I receive last night from Ethan.

"Can we meet tomorrow so we can talk?"

"Or can I come over?"

"You can't avoid me forever Liz."

"Let's see how long you can keep this up."

I sigh at the messages before pushing them at the back of my head. I really don't need this kind of distraction. I decide to play the Celine Dion album on my iPod whilst getting ready for school. Do I gotta get water from the moon, is that what I got to do? to make you love me, make you love meee. My body sways to the lyrics as I dance under the water that flows on my body. After taking my shower I march to my closet scanning through to figure out what to wear to school. I decide to try a new look for once, so I curl my long blonde hair which falls perfectly on my shoulder. I then apply mascara and eyeliner to my eyes and a touch of lipstick to compliment my look. As for my outfit, I settle for a blouse that hugs my upper body with black skinny jeans and my white puma shoes. Feeling please with my look, I make sure I have that I need for school, before heading downstairs for breakfast.

The sweet smelling savor of mom's omelet and blueberry French toast soars through my nostrils as I approach the kitchen.

"Gm sweetie. Take a seat you're just in time." My mom says directing me to the island.

"This smells delicious mom." I compliment "and taste even better!" I say, digging further into this delicious meal.

"I'm glad you like it." She responds in a tone that suspects that she has something to say that she didn't know how to say.

"Um Liz, I have to go on a business trip for 3 days. I tried to get out of it but there is no way out."

"It's okay mom. I understand."

"Now finish up and get on your way to school."

****

As I drive to school I constantly think about my new look. I wasn't trying to change or anything like that, but what's the harm in trying something different for one day? I'm comfortable with who I am and the way I look. I found a place to park and take a deep breath before stepping out of my car.

I felt uncomfortable because of the many eyes that glue to me while I make my way to my locker.

"Whose that hottie? Is she new?" I hear a guy from the football team asked one of his friends. The sad part is that we've been taking the same classes since junior year! The other 'hot girls' look at me as if I am a threat. If looks could kill I surely would be dead. I finally reach my locker searching for my Spanish text book when I felt somebody standing behind me. I look around to see Ethan. He looks...piss?

"What did you do to yourself?" He asks in a angry tone. I am completely speechless at the fact that he thinks he has the audacity to tell me what to and what not to wear.

"Do you know how hard it is to hear all the guys in the male's locker room talk about the things that they want to do with you?" He says, before folding his fist and punching it into my now dent locker. He walks furiously, looking angrier than he came. I am completely shocked at what just happen. Was he jealous?