7- Our First Kiss

"In dreams and in love, there are no impossibilities." ~ János Arnay

~~~

I check the time and realize that it is just 6:00pm. I went downstairs, reheat some leftovers and listen Taylor Swift while eating. The place is awfully too quiet and because of that, sadness took over. I miss my dad more each day. Before he left there was so much joy in my life. Even though it was just me, my mom and dad I never felt like I was missing out on anything. Every night we would sit at the dining table and ate dinner while filling each other on how our day was, laughing at silly jokes.

But now, my mom works extra hours to cover up for what my dad did. We only ever eat takeout food. We never sat and talk. I hardly even see my mom. She had such an active personality...she was so filled with life but all of that just died out.

Was that really how love makes you feel?

Oh my GOD! Ethan, my mind drifts on him, taking me out of my thought. I only have 45 min until he arrives. I can't believe I spent an hour and a half thinking about my life.

Time really does fly by!

I make my way up the stairs and went straight in the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After my shower, I dry myself and slide in to comfortable clothes. I settle for a short red plain skirt and a white sleeveless shirt. I fix my hair in a ponytail.

I decide to update my diary since Ethan isn't here as yet. I love writing; somehow whenever I write, it always free my mind. It's the best remedy that I've found to control my emotions since my dad died and I always loved the idea of recording good and bad moments.

Dear Diary,                                  
I promise that I'd quit writing things that are sad. That one day joy would find me again. For all my life I have been a loner before Emily and Jake, they are literally my right and left hand. For quite sometime now, I've realized that I'm developing an attraction for Ethan. It's like I always want to see him. It's like I always want to hear his voice. Even though we mainly socialize for school purposes, it seems like he treats me different than everyone else. He has painted himself as this emotionless person, someone who doesn't care about anything in his path and go after whatever he wants no matter how badly it cost others. I almost believed that he was more of a bully. All along I had eyes but I wasn't really seeing. All that he displays for his outside attributes is not truly what's on the inside. He wears this mask that compress the good that is within him. Can I tame him? And bring out the good that I see, the good that pulled me close and is pulling me closer by the day.
                                                           ~Lizzie

I check the time again and realize that it's now 8:43, I sigh in disappointment that Ethan had stood me up. Why would I even think that he would want to spend the first night of the weekend with me after a long week? I need to stop getting ahead of myself.

I thought about things that I could do to occupy my time. After a long thought, I decide to watch 'The Notebook' on Netflix.

Ding-dong.

I hear the door bell rings once.

Mom is home early.

I quickly stride down the staircase and open the closed door. To my surprise, I see standing on the front porch.

"Hi" he says softly with sadness laced in his tone. I can clearly see that something is definitely wrong, which makes me tempted to ask him what's wrong at this instant, but I decide to wait until he's inside and we are both seated. There's nothing like the perfect timing.