11- Truths

"Love is a friendship set to music." ~ E. Joseph Crossman.

~~~

Ethan's POV

We were having such a good time before her mom showed up. I'm literally beating myself up. This wasn't how I wanted to meet her mom! This was by far the best night of my life. I've been with many other girls but there's just something different about my Elizabeth. Each time I touch her, is the more I fall in love with her. I love her so much and there's no shame in admitting it. The feeling came on unexpectedly. She's the first girl that I've had feelings for, let alone to love. Dahm! I didn't even know love could happen to me until I met her. My Elizabeth Rowe.

~~~~

After drowning in tears I make my way downstairs hoping that I don't run into my mom, but there she is, sitting down in the sofa staring away into space.

My knees are shaking mainly from shame and nervousness but I manage to take small steps until I finally reach to the sofa where she sits.

"Um, mom I just want to say that I'm sorry that you had to see that. I...I...I don't know what I was thinking." tears streams from my eyes.

"And I fe-el so em-barrased" I mumble to her due to my heavy sobbing. Disappointingly, my mom did not respond so I wipe away the tears that's falling deciding to head back to my room.

"You know, I blame myself for all this. I have been so distant lately." She whispers in a tone that signifies deep regret.

"Mom, it's not your f-..."

"No it is." She says breaking me off.

"I'm hardly ever home, we've barely spoken two sentences, you haven't eaten a well cooked meal in as long as I can remember. Ever since your dad died things aren't the same. I've been trying to make things go back to the way they were but it's hard. Every time I try to do something good it just reminds me of him and it breaks my heart because I truly don't know how to be happy without him. I don't know how to do the right things without him and look what that has done to us"

I can't help but break at the sound of her words.

"If I had lost my husband I don't know what I'd do. You are the strongest person that I know but even strong persons need reassurance. Don't shut me out, we use to be so close that we could pass as best friends. I miss you mom."

"Come here sweetie" she says extending her arms.

I sit next to her as she embraces me into a hug. We spend the time reminiscing on memories about my dad and updating each other about our lives. She even told me about that guy that I saw her with.

"Oh and hey, we are even!" I say in laughter.

"Even? What do you mean?"

"I uh- I came downstairs few nights ago because I heard suspicious noises and I saw...I saw you and him getting at it."

"Omg! Lizzie I'm so sorry" embarrassment plastered on her face.

"It's okay mom. I just hope you are happy."

"I'm getting there."

~~~~~

"Lizzie! Lizzie! wake up" I hear my mom yelling, waking me from my sleep.

"Mom? What's happening?" I question slowly opening my eyes to the bright light that peeps through the window pane.

"We fell asleep and now you are late for school and I am late for work." She says, dragging on her clothes in a rush.

I ran upstairs, took at shower then quickly slip in a floral dress. I then did my hair in a messy bun since it was already messy, grab my bag and car keys before running out of the house. I arrive at school in a few minutes.

I walk in Calculus class with my head held down attempting to sneak in, desperately hoping that I wouldn't get caught by Mr. Henry.

"Ms. Rowe, you are late and that's weird because you are never late." Mr. Henry says, pausing me in my tract.

"I'm so sorry, it won't happen again." He nods and I take my seat.

The topic being taught is new but I manage to catch on base on the examples that are given. I look around to see Ethan seated at the back of the class. Thoughts from last night resurface and immediately I felt awkward. The bell rings and I silently thank God. I just hate that he is in all my classes. I need my best friend's advice and since Jake won't be joining us for lunch, I decide to finally come clean to Emily.

"Are you okay, you look pale" Emily asks and I shook my head denying.

"There's something that I need to tell you." I say in a whisper, playing with my fingers.

"What is it? She questions curiously as I placed my hands on head not knowing where to start. I took a deep breath in before venting.

"It all started the first day of school when I got knocked down by Ethan....." I tell her everything up to the very moment where my mom caught our 'nearly sex scene'

"Omg Liz, I had no idea. All along you've been going through this and I had no idea" She says heartbrokenly.

"Are you mad?" I ask hoping that she wouldn't be.

"No, I'm just glad that you don't have to go through this on your own anymore."

We hug and as we are about to break apart Emily mumbles, "Jake and I had sex."

I am taken completely off guard. "What!? How was it? How are you? When?" I had all these questions.

"It was a bit painful but great and I'm fine really. I'm beyond happy and it happened 3 days ago." She says boldly, outlining the details.

"I knew that glow didn't come overnight" I tease and we both laugh.

"So what are you going to do about Ethan?" She asks, making me think.

I sigh and respond, "not see him again."

Should Lizzie stay away from Ethan? Or should they seal the deal? Stick around to see what happens!
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Vote, comment and continue to stick around. Thanks for the patience and please remember to keep safe. Love you all 😘😘😘***