stars on the ceiling

*

*

"okay so question, you have answer honestly," el started, "okay go on." mike said opening his bag of chips. "would you rather drink water for the rest of your life or drink anything you want, but it has to have a drop of pee in it?" el asked, "hm, pee. definitely pee." he said laying back on her bed, "i agree, i mean come on! i can't give up coke." she said falling on the bed next to him and resting her head on his chest. the two looked up at her ceiling which had drawings of stars all over it. "you and your coke." he muttered, "not my fault your a psychopath for not liking it!"

"i'm not the psycho, it tastes like shit!" he laughed, "um incorrect."

"i would marry coke." she said dreamily, mike shook his head. he loved days like this, after coming back from school he and el would sit in her room and talk about random things and argue like they always did. "remember when we drew those?" he asked pointing to the stars on her ceiling. "of course." she giggled, "i got on your shoulders and you almost fell over but i kept kicking you-"

"-which hurt a lot i may add."

"man up- anyways as i was saying, you finally mustered up enough strength out of your noodle body and i drew the stars." she said with a smile remembering the memory. "you did a shit job." he teased, "you know you love them." she said nudging his side. "yeah if you call my hatred for that ugly blob love your insane." he said pointing to a lopsided star, "well it's not my fault you tripped when i was drawing it, patrick the star is just special okay!" she said defending the drawing.

"patrick is stupid."

"shut up!"

"make me." he teased, suddenly the green door to her room opened. el lifted her head off his chest and looked at the door where hopper stood, "10 after, got to go wheeler."

"sure you don't want me to stay?" mike teased the cop, "i'm sure, now scram." hopper said walking out of the room. "speaking of home.. how is everything?" el asked, "eh, don't know.. whenever i'm there they are always fighting. i mean i knew their relationship was always shit but i'm just worried about hollie. when i'm not there she's alone." he muttered, "she can always come here, you know." el suggested, "yeah but my mom already hates that i practically live here and then if hollie starts to tag along she might come after me with a knife."

el chuckled, "guess your right, you sure you don't want to stay over?" she asked, "yep, see you tomorrow morning." he said getting up off her bed, "bye mike."

"until next time." he said walking out the door, mike dreaded this part of the day. when he had to go to the place he was supposed to call home. karen and ted were always fighting. it never stopped, it only stopped when one of them walked out in the middle of the night to go a bar. they came back in the morning with a new toxic liquid in hand, which scared mike. he didn't know how much of the liquid they had consumed and the thing was, he worried about he and his little sister's safety. he felt as if neither of them were safe in that home, and it scared the hell out of him.