whats that supposed to mean

*

*

el and dustin talked for hours on the phone the night before, el needed advice and for some reason she went to dustin. he was sadly where all relationships went to die but that's just because no one understood his sense of humor. and his words were somewhat helpful, she took every single word to mind and she and dustin both agreed that the whole asking "do you want to be my boyfriend/girlfriend" was just plain childish and very cheesy.

and el did not want their relationship to be like that.

*

mike came early to els house so she could fix up the mess hopper had left on his face. when he walked through the front door it looked worse than before, hopper happened to be sitting at the kitchen table when the lanky boy walked through.

"holy shit what happened to your face?" hopper asked putting his newspaper on the table. "you don't remember dragging me through the house and then down the stairs?"

"i did that? oops...?"

mike rolled his eyes at the burly man and made his way to els room. when he opened her door quietly, he expected her to be brushing her hair or putting some makeup on but instead she was still sleeping and still looking very adorable.

he wondered how she could still be sleeping since the sun was right in her face. mike walked over to her bed and sat down on the side of it and shook her arm gently. "el, come on get up." he said softly, she just groaned and pushed her head into her pillow. "you have to get up,"

"how come we can't skip today again?" she grumbled, "did we not go over this yesterday?" he chuckled, "i want to stay home," she whined, "get uppp!" he said pulling the blankets off of her.

she harshly sat up and grabbed them back, cuddling back into them. though it was adorable mike still knew they had to get to school, "el come on! pretty please with eggos on top?"

"no."

"why-" he was cut off when el grabbed his waist and pulled him down next to her. she wrapped her arms around his torso and cuddled into his back. "can we just lay here forever?" she asked, "no." he said with a smirk, "please!?" mike got up out of the bed.

"no get up." she shook her head, then mike physically pulled her out of bed so she was standing in front of him. "haha bed head." he fluffed the hair on the top of her head, "shut it mop head," she grumbled as she yanked on a piece of his hair while walking past him to her closet.

el put together a quick outfit and headed into the bathroom to change and brush her teeth. she came out moments later looking a little more alive then before. she pointed to her bed for him to sit so she could cover up his bruises. she pulled out a tube of concealer and began blending it into his skin, "it's not that bad." she mentioned, "it looks like someone beat me."

el chuckled, "i promise it's not that bad, it didn't take long to cover it up." she shrugged and screwed the top back on the makeup tube. she skimmed her eyes over his face to see if she missed anything and then put the makeup back on her vanity. "ready?" she asked, mike nodded and stood up from her bed.