your hurting me

sorry this isn't a gif lolol*

*

seeing el walk out do the school doors made mike feel like he couldn't breath. it felt like an unbearable weight on his chest, his heart pounding. everything was numb. he was numb. his best friend just walked away and he let her.

he could have ran after her, ran through those doors and made her stop but he couldn't. it was like his whole body shut down, without her by his side he was nothing.

el was that one string holding everything together. she protected him, she cared for him and now he's left with a heart that was slowly beginning to shatter.  just everything inside him didn't even seem to be working. mike could have never known how much one person affected him so deeply. he would have never known how much el could make him feel so empty when she always filled him with such joy.

he didn't even notice the tears that were spilling from his eyes. but why would he be crying? you don't have a reason to cry. she just wants to keep you out of trouble, and herself. this isn't the end of your friendship. right? what if she never talks to you again? what if she ignored you forever?

"mike!" he winced,  quickly turning around and seeing his small friend. "sorry what did you say, will?" he asked quickly as he wiped his eyes. "i asked if you were okay.. i-i saw what happened." will murmured softly, "yeah i'm fine."

"don't lie to me. we both know that's not true. you can talk to me."  mike nodded and motioned for the small boy to follow him. he went right out the doors and into the courtyard and then sat down on a bench. will say next to him, "so." he started, "so.. i-i guess i'm not okay, you know? el and i.. we have never been in a fight before, nor has she ever told me to stay away from her. and i just lo- care for her so much and i know this is hard for her too. and the fact that i can't go over there only bothers me more." mike said burying his face into his hands. will looked at him, "well why can't you see her?"

"she told me to stay away from her, i want to respect her decision-"

"mike are you this dense?! just go over to her house, who cares if she wants you to go away? we both know that she wants you there more than she's going to admit." will said nudging him, "well what do i do when i get there?"

"what do you want to do?"

*

the moment the doors to the school closed behind her a harsh sob escaped her mouth. she could not believe she just told her best friend to stay away from her. those were words she never thought would escape her lips.

but the thing is, she couldn't stand seeing meagan insult mike. el wasn't going to lay a hand on her for that would only land her in trouble. meagan could insult her all she wanted but if she dared to say one thing about mike, she would loose it.

el probably shouldn't have left the school but she needed to stay away from everyone. especially mike. she couldn't see him in sadness, throwing her glances of sorrow. she hated seeing him sad more than anything. and just the thought of that made her cry harder, he's sad because of her. it was all her fault. she did this to herself and now look where she is. running away from the school and getting to her house as fast as possible.