studying

*

*

the sound of a blaring alarm woke the two teenagers from their slumber. el groaned and pushed her head back into her pillow. she felt shifting beside her, el lifted her head and saw mike rubbing his face. "what time is it?" he asked, his voice scratchy from just waking up. "6:45.." she mumbled, "shit, come on we have detention this morning, we have to be at the school by 7:30." mike said getting up, el groaned and closed her eyes again.

"come on el, we can't be late." he said looking through her closet for any of his clothes that she might have stolen. el slowly got out of bed and shuffled over towards the bathroom. mike managed to find a sweater and figured he would just wear his jeans from yesterday. he changed while el was in the bathroom and brushed through his hair with his fingers. "decent enough." he mumbled taking a look in the mirror.

el came out moments later, still in her pajamas but with her hair brushed. looking through her closet, she found something comfortable to wear since they'd be at the school practically all day. she went back in the bathroom to change and came out a few minutes after, "i think there's an extra toothbrush in the closet if you want to brush you teeth." she mentioned, mike nodded and walked to the bathroom to find one.

when they were both ready they started headed out of the door around seven.  "What are we even supposed to do in detention?" El asked. She obviously had never been to detention, and neither had mike. "How am I supposed to know?" He replied, "i don't know," she muttered. She figured it would be pointless to ask questions right now, neither of them had ever really gotten in trouble at school.

Though due to the prior situations with meagan, it just went right over principle smith's head. He never even asked el or meagan about it, which was weird considering he was the principal. They drove in silence the rest of the way, neither of them knowing what to say.

They got to the school in a few minutes and mike parked his car near the front of the school. Only a few other cars were in the parking lot. El sighed, she would have gladly stayed in her warm bed next to mike. It was annoying that they had it get a Saturday detention just for missing a few days of school, but principal smith was a strict man when he wanted to be one.

Her hand clasped his as if it was something she'd done all her life. In a way, she had. When they were younger- or just when either of them was nervous- they'd hold hands. They walked quietly in the hallway, trying to find the room mr. smith had directed them to, which was the library.

When they arrived their the short principal awaited their arrival, he stood by the door staring at his watch. "It's about time! Your two minutes late. Break the hands and find seats at the opposite sides of the room." The man said strictly, el looked to mike in annoyance and walked to the other side of the room. After a few more students decided to show up, mr. smith walked to the front of the library.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, your going to be here for another seven hours, choose your time wisely. You are permitted to complete missed homework and if you don't have any you may sit quietly. Talking is not allowed, i will be in my office across the hall and if i hear so much as a peep you will all have to stay an extra hour."