let the games begin

song: happy together by the turtles

first btw

*

when the pair finally pulled their lips away mike immediately missed the feeling of her delicate lips on his. the two bashfully looked down, their cheeks were as red as cherries. "s-sorry.." el apologized, "why are you apologizing?" mike asked, "i don't know i-"

"don't apologize for it, i wanted to do that. do you know why?" el shook her head, "because.." he sucked in a breath, "i love you too. you mean so much to me i can't even explain it. you just.. god i don't know," he chuckled, "guess i've just been waiting a long time to say that."

"a long time?"

"well.. yeah. i think i've liked you for as long as we've known each other, i was just now realizing it. and i guess i thought that maybe if i dated meagan then those feelings would go away but.. they only got stronger and.." he trailed off, el smiled at him.

el was practically over the moon right now, she never expected him to just come out and say it back to her like that. she didn't even know what to do, they had already ditched school so why not stay at the cabin the rest of the day?

"um... do you want to stay?" she asked, "no way i'm going back to school," he chuckled, "but yeah i'll stay. what do you wanna do?"

"i kinda just want to watch a movie." el shrugged, "sounds good, you pick out the movie and i'll make some popcorn." el smiled at him and headed off to her room.

mike rummaged through the pantry and found some popcorn and put it in the microwave. he shifted around on his feet while he waited for the popcorn to finish, one particular girl on his mind. the loud beep from the microwave made him snap out of it and pull the bowl out. he threw a piece in his mouth while walking to her room. he walked in and saw el cuddled up in her bed, "what'd you pick?" he asked falling back onto her bed.

"pretty in pink," el replied, mike shook his head with a laugh knowing it was one of her favorites and the two had seen the movie multiple times. "of course."

"shut up." she giggled, cuddling into his shoulder she clicked the play button on the small remote in her hands. as the movie played mike couldn't really pay attention to her, he was far more interested in the girl who was clinging onto his arm like a koala.

as time passed mike could not tear his eyes away from her even if he tried. el suddenly looked up at up with a mischievous grin on her face, "not liking the movie?"

"w-what?"

"well you've been staring at me for the past.. thirty minutes. don't like the movie anymore?"

"no! it's not that.." shit "i just... ah you got me." he admitted, "well why are you staring at me?" she asked, "el hopper, sometimes your so oblivious it hurts." before el could ask what he meant, mike leaned down and planted a chaste kiss on her lips.