BONUS: i'm thankful for...

*

Thanksgiving is a national tradition where people celebrate the harvest and give thanks to friends and family and for the people that we love. Mike and El certainly knew what they were thankful for this year.

Of course every year in the past they'd say something about how they were thankful for their friendship and the years to come- or something along the lines of that. Though this year would be different because they were not just friends anymore. Most of their friends and family knew about it, except one person. The couple had been avoiding to tell him about their relationship for quite a long time and they may have procrastinated it just a little too much.

Mike sat on El's bed with his head in her lap staring right up at her. "We have to tell him at some point before Thanksgiving." Mike said, "huh?"

"You know what I mean." El rolled her eyes and clamped her hand over his mouth before he could say another word about it, "I would but I don't know how to tell him! How are we supposed to just casually go up to him and go 'Oh yeah, by the way, we've been dating for 3 months but haven't told you yet because you only thought we were only best friends and you'd get mad' He'd kill us!" El said with a groan.

"Well don't phrase it like that," Mike said nonchalantly, "Obviously." she said in a 'duh' tone as she flicked his forehead. "Well, we definitely can't wait until the last minute on Thanksgiving because you know I want to say something at dinner," Mike said as he grabbed her hand and started playing with the ring on her middle finger like he was a toddler.

"I know," El said quietly, Mike noticed her mood falter slightly and let go of her hand to touch his to her face. "Don't worry about what he thinks okay? Let's think about this for a moment, okay?" El nodded and waited for him to continue. "Hopper has seen us sleeping and cuddling next to each other on your bed and he's never really questioned about it, correct?" El nodded and Mike went on, "We've been friends for years and we were always close. Shouldn't he realize that at some point we'd be more than friends?"

Mike was right and El couldn't deny that. "Yeah, I guess you're right. It just scares me because I don't want him to do anything to you."

"What's he gonna do? Ground me or tell me to 'stay away from my daughter'? Nothing can keep me away from you." El giggled and leaned down to kiss him quickly.

Their relationship had become stronger over the months, each of them becoming more confident with their relationship. Surprisingly, with all of the shit that went down with Meagan, she had left them alone at school. It took time but she finally realized that being jealous and trying to constantly get revenge was just not the way to go. It kept leading her down the wrong paths and she didn't want her whole life to be consumed by that.

They were comfortable with their relationship at school and anywhere but El's house. When they were at her house it was mostly closed doors, with the neverending rule of keeping it 3 inches open. They were always slinking in and out of the house, seeing if Hopper was somewhere around the corner. They would have to keep most of their poking and prodding to themselves, El didn't want to do anything in front of Hopper that might get him the wrong idea.

Mike didn't want to push El to tell him because he knew she'd just be a nervous wreck. He was ready whenever she was, but whenever that was it sure had to be before Thanksgiving.

The Hopper's and the Wheelers had combined holidays most of the time because by now both families knew that Mike and El came as a packaged deal. As soon as Mike and El had become great friends when they were little, they had begged their parents for them to spend Christmas together.

"Mom, please! Nancy never likes to hang around me anymore and El is my bestest friend! I can't wait a whole three days to show her what I got for Christmas! She's just staying home!"