a night to rememeber

*

*

tomorrow marks twelve years of friendship. that marks the first day mike and el met. throughout those years they'd shared laughter, memories, love, and of course friendship.
mike couldn't believe it, it seemed like they had been friends way longer than that. to him it felt like a lifetime. and mike being the loving best friend (and boyfriend) that he was, he had something planed for el.

a night to remember.

*

a typical friday night for the couple would consist of staying at the cabin and watching movies in el's room, but this friday mike had other things planned. it was thursday afternoon, they were both at school but right now mike couldn't focus. he a stuff to plan, and things to think about. school could wait, right now el was more important.

his main focus was where they would go. mike thought about all of el's favorite places to go, and favorite places to eat. would he get her flowers? what things could he do to make her happy? el claimed that just mike himself made her happy, but he wanted to do more. he had an empty sheet of paper in front of him, he needed to fill it with ideas.

as few ideas came to his head, mike wrote them down. everything had to be perfect. it was for el so it had to be.

by the end of the day he had the whole date planned out.

though he already knew she would say yes, but he still had to ask her.

mike ran up to el when she was opening her locker and hugged her from behind. "guess who?" he mumbled into her shirt, that smelled of coconuts. "umm dustin?" she teased, mike gasped, "i'm offended! i do not sound like him!"

"well seeing as i don't know who you are, i can't argue." she said playing along with the joke. "umm let's see, does mike wheeler ring a bell?"

"maybe.." she smirked, "could you perhaps remind me who it is?" she asked mischievously, mike turned her so she was facing him and planted a kiss on her lips. el instantly melted into it but before she could do anything else someone hit their hand on the locker next to el's.

"jeez you two really couldn't keep your tongue in your mouths huh?" a familiar voice chuckled, el turned to face the boy. "shut up dustin, you know you secretly love it." el teased, "that's not the point. how about you two get a room and then get married?" dustin suggested, el turned bright red,
"s-shut up!" she stammered, "i'll leave you two be," he winked.

"okay but what i was going to ask you, would you like to go on our first official date, perhaps tomorrow night?" mike asked, el's eyes lit up. "really?!"

"yes of course! so is that a yes..?"

"yes dummy! what time are you picking me up?"
"seven." mike confirmed, "okay, picking me up at seven." she repeated.

"i'm so excited! where are we going?" she asked, "that's a secret! i have everything planned out and it's going to be special, you know what tomorrow night is right?" he said grabbing onto her hand when they walked away from her locker. "our twelve year friend- aversary!" she exclaimed, "correct, and i have everything planned out. so dress nice."