(Ghost) Marth x Reader

The picture of the house the reader moved into is shown above. This is a request for @novahedgehog, I hope you enjoy.

(Y/n)'s POV

I made my way up to the porch of my new home with my luggage in my hands. When I reached the steps to the porch I placed my luggage on to the ground and I stared up at the house. The exterior of the house had a cozy but slightly ancient look to it. The archways on it were constructed with bricks that now look worn down, some of the bricks were even discolored. A light grey color was painted on the parts without bricks.

In the area surrounding the balcony was cream colored lines that were painted horizontally and vertically. Parts of the house had cream colored trimming the went around some of the roofs. There was even a red pattern on the trimming or underneath the roof. The house was fairly large size and the was also spacious. Once I was done admiring the outside of the house, I picked up my luggage and carried it on to the porch.

When I bought the house it was at a surprisingly low price. I asked the real estate agent why the house is such a low prince and he said it was because people would move out as fast they moved in. I tried to get answers out of him as to why the previous owners of the house left, but he refused to answer any of those questions. I still found it strange as to why people left, but one thing I knew for sure was that I wasn't gonna leave because this is my home now.

I took out the keys for the house from my pocket and I unlocked the door. I opened up the door and I brought my stuff inside. I was in awe with how spacious it looked. Even though I saw the inside a couple of days before I moved in, it still made me amazed with how grand it looked. It appeared the previous owners didn't really take any of their furniture with them when they left. I noticed furniture underneath white sheets.

The inside could use some cleaning up, I'm pretty sure it would look more nicer if there wasn't dust everywhere. The truck that had my other belongings was still outside and I had to bring everything in. From then, I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon cleaning up, and putting boxes that would unpack tomorrow in the correct rooms. Hours went by and it was night time. I fell back on to the bed in my new bedroom, I was so exhausted.

I got my room somewhat organized, there was still plenty of unpacking to do. I got off my bed and I went into the bathroom for a quick shower. After 10 minutes of showering, I wrapped my towel around myself and made my way back into my room. I grabbed a pair pajamas from my dresser and I changed into them. Once I was done, I made my way to my bed and I went under the covers. I snuggled into the covers and quickly overtaken me.

Creak...

Creak...

Creak...

I woke up to the sound of floorboards creaking. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, and I checked my phone for the time. It was 3:00 in the morning. I turned on the lamp on my nightstand, and my room lightened up enough for me to notice the shadow of feet walking from underneath the door. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest, what if there was a burglar in the house? I forced myself to get up from my bed and go and see who the intruder was.

I carefully walked over to one the boxes that had a baseball bat, I bought it incase for situation like this, I quietly took it out of the box, and held it tightly in my hands like my life depended on it. In this case it did. I cautiously made my way to my door and I opened it as quietly as I possibly could. Squeak. I froze when the door squeaked loudly. To make things worse the burglar stopped walking as soon as they heard the door.

"Whose there?" I heard a deep voice hesitantly ask. I forced myself to peek out from the edge of the doorway and into the dark hallway. I managed to make out a dark silhouette of a man. His head was turned so he was looking back. I wasn't sure if I should go and attack him with the baseball bat, or I should threaten him to leave, or else I was gonna hit him with my baseball bat. I decided to go with the second option.

"I have a weapon with me so you better get out or else I'll use force," I firmly while managing to mask the fear in my voice. "Why would I leave if I live here?" He confusedly asked me. Did I hear him correctly or is my mind playing tricks on me? Somehow I managed to step out into the hallway," not possible because I live... here," I said but I paused abruptly and I said the last part quietly. In front of me I saw tiny drops on the carpet that got bigger when they were closer to the man.

I turned on the hallway light, and I quickly stifled the scream that was coming up when I saw what was in front of me. I saw a dark blue haired man with blood seeping through his white buttoned up shirt, the wound the blood was coming from looked like it was a medium size. The man had a sad expression on his face, I didn't understand how he wasn't in agony from the wound or how he was even alive! "W-What are you?" I whispered to him.

"I'm a ghost," he explained while turning around fully and staring straight at me. I wanted to say he was crazy, but given the circumstances that's probably the only reason there. I mean how else is he not dead from that wound by now, and how is he even standing right now. "I was stabbed by someone who I thought was my friend and they left me for dead," he said with sadness. I felt really bad for him. "I'm sorry," I said to him, poor guy.

"Years after years since then, all I wanted was a friend, but people before you always got scared and left," he said and tears slid down his face. I wasn't gonna run away and leave him, he just wanted someone to be with. "I'm not gonna leave you all alone because all be your friend," I said to him with a smile. "R-Really?" He questioned excitedly,"Yeah," I responded. Before I knew it I was pulled into a hug by this mysterious man.

I felt tears dripping on to my shirt, I returned his hug. "Thank you," he said to me with his voice cracking slightly. "I'll make sure your never alone again," I said to him. That's a promise I will make sure I keep.

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed reading this. Requests are still open so feel free to give them. You can leave them in the comments. I'm in the process of rewriting my book Academy Warfare so stay on look out for that. Anyways, please vote and comment. Bye.