Chapter 2

On my way to class I had to stop by my homegirl, Tionne's locker real quick. 

"Wassup, Ti?" I say as we do our secret handshake that we've had since we were kids. 

"nun much nic, yo what you doing tonight? we could hit up that club tonight then handle business." she said while looking at me and fixing her hair. 

"Ight, I'm down but we gotta somehow distract my parents and my twin sister." I say and groan rubbing my face. 

Tionne and I both talked this  out and then went our separate ways to class, I looked down at my watch while sitting in the back of the class. The teacher most definitely has it out for me, she thinks I'm just like my aunt who was also a troublemaker. Well, she isn't wrong nor is she right because at school I may seem like the type to get into some deep shit but I'm not. The intercom rang and the front office woman announced that she needed me to report to the office. I picked up my books and bag walking out the class down the hall to the office, I didn't do anything wrong that I can think about. As soon as I got there I saw my aunt, I walked into the office as my twin sister lefty came in after me. We looked at each other confused to what's going on. 

"yo auntie, what's going on?" I ask her confused. 

"Not now Nicole, take your sister to the car while I check y'all out." She says and going over to fill out the paper work.  

I take lefty and we both walked out the school, I get into the passenger side of the 1994 ford expedition. Lefty looked at me scarred and she sits back putting her headphones on to her Walkman blasting her music while nodding her head gently. My aunt came walking out the building she then got in the car starting it up, she then sat back in the seat after locking her seatbelt then she let out a sigh. 

"Your dad has been arrested and so has your mother, I have to bail them out soon but for now I'll have to watch over you guys."  She said as she moved her dreads out of her face to look at both of us.

"why are they in jail?" Lefty asks our aunt while raising both her eyebrows at her. 

"Carjacking." Our aunt said as she pulled out the school parking lot.

I sat back in my seat and then looked out the window as the scenery passed. I started thinking to myself on how I would be able to get out the house tonight so I could kick it with Ti and handle some important business.