Chapter 8

•The Next Morning•
I got up out the bed to the smell of breakfast being cooked. I looked over at Lefty who's knocked out, she was sleep half the time last night so she doesn't know what went down. I rubbed my eyes yawning, walking down the stairs in my wife beater ankh chain and boxer shorts. I walked into the kitchen to see my aunt cooking breakfast. "Morning bambi." She says as she looks over at me smiling and flipping pancakes. Bambi was always my nickname but, lefty is Faith's because she got two left feet. "Morning Auntie." I reply smiling and grabbing a bottle of orange juice out the fridge. Going into the living room I turned on the tv as the news covered what happened last night. I watched leaning forward on the couch. "Oh..shit.." I whisper putting my orange juice down on the table and running up the stairs to my room.

I took a quick shower getting out and putting baggy blue jeans on with a short sleeve button up polo. I walked into the room and grabbing my phone and backpack slanging it over my back. Lefty was already ready and down the stairs. I came downstairs as my aunt walked out the door waiting for us. We walked out the house and I spotted Ti. "Umm Auntie, me and lefty were gonna ride we Ti today. Is that cool?" I asked her as I kept glancing back and forth between the two. My aunt nodded her head and sighed "alright then, but be careful." She kissed both of us goodbye.

I grabbed Lefty's hand and ran to Ti's car getting inside. Ti sped off and looked at me. "Yo what the fuck was that on the news?!" Ti said while driving to the school. "I don't know but someone ran they fucking mouth and got hell to pay." I respond sitting back in the seat. Ti shook her head while driving and blew air out her mouth. She pulled into the school parking lot parking the car. We all exited the car walking into the school. Ti went her separate way, I went mine and lefty went hers. I walked into my English class, walking to the back of the class placing my backpack down. I slouched in my chair pulling out my pen and notebook to write. As I was about to do so, a familiar face walked into the classroom with long curly hair. Rhonda...it was Rhonda, she spotted me and walked to my row sitting in the back with me.