Chapter 17

2 years later•

It's been two years since my parent's death. I have yet to catch that nigga who killed them but until then I have to focus on getting the hell out of school. Lefty still hasn't come to terms that mom and dad are gone, she's not the same energetic person like she's used to be. Cutting class, acting out at school...somewhat like me at times. I really do hope she doesn't take up after me and my actions, that's not the road she wants to go down. Looking down at my desk I take out my pen and notebook cracking it open to a blank page writing lyrics down for a song. Oh yeah forgot to say Ti and I are in a group now you know like some hardcore type shit. I'm trying to change my life for the better but certain things keep testing my patience. As I was writing the teacher walked over to my desk tapping my shoulder lightly whispering that the principal needed to see me in his office. As I packed up my bag I sighed, it had to have been lefty acting out again. I slang the bag on my shoulder stuffing my hands into the pockets of my baggy blue jeans walking down the hall towards the office. As I got near the door I could see Tionne coming in the same direction down a different hall. This gotta be a joke of some sort man i began to think. Walking inside the office I checked in with the secretary at the front desk who told me to proceed down the long hall towards the principal's office. Tionne followed down the same hall and I knocked softly on the door. "It's open!" She said while sitting at her desk sorting some paperwork out. We entered the room and then spotted Lefty sitting in one of the chairs only to notice the cops. "Wh-what's going on?! Why are the cops here?!" I questioned confused and bothered at the sight of them around. Tionne's face flushed as she looked at the cops. "Well, miss Lopes I'm glad you asked. It has been brought to my attention by many students and teachers of the school that you and your little pose have been causing trouble such as selling weed at lunch and robbing others. Lets not forget the times your sister fought nearly killing a teacher." She said clasping her hands together and leaning forward in her seat looking dead at me and tionne not breaking her eye contact. I felt her eyes piercing through my soul while looking at her. "But this is a big misunderstanding we've never done that! Honestly, miss Houston." Tionne began to explain to her. "Yeah well we have so much evidence...and I'm sad to say that you will no longer be attending Aubrey High School." She said and with that the cops surrounded us grabbing us aggressively placing handcuffs on our wrists while tugged and pulled screaming.

The ring of my phone woke me up from the nightmare that happened back when I was in school. Yeah it did happen but that was the past when I was in the 12th grade, ti and I are still in the group, Lefty sometimes covers for me but mainly she's doing her own thing at college. I only went to college for one year with that I decided it really wasn't the right fit for me. I sometimes still sell here and there, now I'm known as Lefteye because of me getting popped in my left eye one time fighting off these bitches when i went into the slammer for a bit. My aunt still hasn't forgiven me about that day.