Slaves

Zak POV

I looked to Rana, but she looked fine, no signs of what Bloody Mary had said. Moments later the woman woke up and looked to Rana once more.

"The spirit inside you is the actual devil. We must-" Rana silenced her with a shake of her head. Admittedly it scared me to know there was darkness in fact inside of her constantly. Yet no one seemed to know the truth except a few people, the devil himself, and the demons. Scarred as punishment for sticking with her brother. 

"I know what is inside me and I can assure you. It isn't the devil. Though very close to it." Rana picked up the doll that was created and examined it.

"You boys must take that into the cabin. When you are finished take it apart and leave it there. So no spirits follow you out." Rana handed it to us before excusing herself. Bloody Mary was still watching her closely. Aaron was onto something, I could tell by the way he observed her. We stood and geared up before heading over to the slave quarters.

"What's up with Rana? Is there something you should be telling us Zak?" Aaron chimed in as he looked to me. "Somethings didn't add up in LA."

"Like how the hell did she come save you so quick? Lux isn't just around the corner. She got there in less than five minutes." Nick joined in as a sighed escaped me and I shrugged.

"She said she was at the bar across the street or something remember? Obviously she's not the devil guys." No her brother is the devil, she's a halfie and I've got a hint of divinity in me. Enough to kill her if I wanted. "She's just really into the paranormal like us. I'm sure there are hints of darkness on her spirit. That's why we always cleanse after these lockdowns." I stopped outside of the cabin that she was in earlier when she saw all the spirits. We did our lockdown very quickly, only due to hearing chanting spirits, but nothing scared me more than what was really going on.

How would I tell the guys about Rana and how the hell would they take it? Hearing the chanting didn't come close to scaring me like this situation. It was as if the lockdown just flew by and before I knew it I was shredding apart the doll on the floor.

"Zak you good?" I looked up to Aaron watching me, camera in hand. I nodded before taking a deep breath.

"Hopefully we did this right. I don't need any ghosts following us home."

"Tell me about it." He turned off the camera before we walked outside. Rana was speaking with Bloody Mary, though her body language told me how uncomfortable she was in this moment.

"What's going on?" Aaron asked Billy before motioning to Rana.

"She's persistent in wanting to do a cleanse on Rana. Said if it isn't a devil then it is surely one of his demons and yada yada." Billy took off his headphones. "Rana is saying she's fine. I agree, she's acting fine. Not like you guys when demons cause aggression." I saw Rana sigh, say goodbye to the voodoo queen before wandering into the field. Aaron put his hand on my shoulder before going to join her.

It was good the guys cared for her and wanted to protect her. Yet in truth she was here to protect them. It wasn't long before we all were in the van, Rana silent and head against the glass with her eyes closed.

"So tomorrow. Couple spots we can check out in the city. Then I was thinking of talking over our Halloween gig in Ireland." I watched Rana's eyes open and she quickly lifted her head.

"Ireland?" Billy nodded before pulling out his phone.

"Yeah the hellfire club lodge."

"We shouldn't - shouldn't go there." I heard for once fear in her voice. "It's far from safe at all." She nervously licked her lips before I placed a hand on her leg.

"Dare I ask?" I mumbled and she cleared her throat.

"Rumor has it." She started, obviously wording it in a way it would sound like a legend. "The devil himself fell in love with a woman. Only so he could use her for his works. He returned to hell and left his imprint on the location. It's said the devil had a sister whose own spirit bled there when she realized once again she was left alone. She felt abandoned by her brother and released one of the darkest parts of herself there. Even she couldn't control such darkness." She looked down and I could feel her hand grow clammy and cold. "The woman gave birth to a baby boy. Half divity and half human. He was sacrificed by her family and she too was murdered years later. It is said that the baby's spirit went up to heaven. Making Lucifer all the more angry at his father."

"The devil having a sister? Far fetched?" Nick asked looked to Aaron who shrugged. "Plus reproduction in this world with the devil?"

"God had many children according to the Bible. Whose to say that others didn't fall with the king of hell. Of course Divity can reproduce in human form." Rana was looking out the window. I could feel her pain and sadness leaking into the air. Aaron sniffled before taking a breath.

"I feel so fucking sad right now. I need to burn some sage and Palo Santo when we get back. I'm afraid one of the slaves came with us bro."

"Maybe." I mumbled, but I knew it was her. I raised her hand and kissed the back. I could feel the good energy returning until her head found its way to resting on my shoulder. Her hand went limp and I knew she was fast asleep.

I needed to get her alone to figure out what was really going on in Ireland.