T.W.Σ.N.T.Y F.I.V.Σ

⤷Soda's P.O.V 

     Instead of being woken by the noise of the gang, this morning it was the phone that forced my eyes open. I checked the alarm, it was almost 9:30 am. I slept in. Ponyboy must have gone off to school already, and Darry was 100% at work.

     I made my way downstairs, the phone stopped ringing, but not to long after it started going again.

     "Hello," I said with a yawn. "This is the Curtis residents, Sodapop spea-"

     "Steve?"

     "Wait, who's gone?"

     "Where are you?"

     "Ok, I'm on my way."

      Aftering hearing that, I dialed another number.

     "Two? Hey, yea I know. Could I get a drive?"

     "To the hospital."

     "I'll explain on the way."

     "Its for Steve, just, ugh. Please?"

     "K bye."

     After putting on some decent clothes and cleaning up my hair and face as best I could with all these cuts and bruises, Two-bit arrived. He looked like he was still wearing pajamas when I got in the car.

     "So do you want to tell me why Steve is at the hospital, and now you need to go to."

     "Steve called saying that his mom was gone, I couldn't really understand much else. It sounded like he had been crying, a lot. He told me he was at the hospital."

     "Why would you want to go?"

     That question shocked me. Why should I not wanna go?

     "Um because he is my friend."

     "I know, but don't you think it would be best if you guys just took a break from each other?"

     "Because of yesterday? Just cause we got into a fight doesn't mean I shouldn't be there when he needs me."

     Maybe Two-bit was right thought. I sat straight in my seat, and the rest of the ride was silent. Steve needs me, I'm not gonna leave him alone right now, no matter the fight. I love him.

⤷314