duo

The preparation for the arrival of the Asgardian's was nothing short of exciting for the Princesses of Alfheim

The preparation for the arrival of the Asgardian's was nothing short of exciting for the Princesses of Alfheim. They watched as Light Elves prepared rooms in the Oak Palace, and others cooked meals every day to prepare.

Dahlia and Fleur prepared in their own way; with their sweetest voices combined, they were to sing to the guests. For everyone in the Nine Realms cherished the voices of Light Elves, though few were ever lucky enough to listen. So the Queen had the Princesses sing and sing, every day.

The two weeks passed rather quickly. While not practicing their voice lessons, the two helped in ways they probably shouldn't. Despite their loveliness, the two sisters had a knack for simple harmless pranks.

They found joy in moving little jars of jam when an Elf trying to cook set it somewhere else. They were simple and funny, and not harmful in the slightest.

The Queen knew of their prancing, and watched with fondness. She could never say no to her daughters. She loved them with every part of her heart and soul.

On the day of the Asguardian's arrival, Alfheim was bursting with delight and excitement. The usual calmness had been replaced with a feeling of happiness and the wondering of what that day would hold.

Truly, there weren't many Light Elves in the realm of Alfheim. But what they lacked in numbers, they were strengthened in beauty. Not just in the Elves themselves, but their world around them.

White lanterns hung in the trees, lighting up the beautiful stone paths through the woods. Everything had been prepared.

In the bedroom chambers of the Princesses, Aaliyah was helping the girls get ready.

"Oh, I simply cannot wait." Dahlia smiled. "Do you remember the last time we had guests?"

Aaliyah looked down at the Princess. She was putting little braids throughout her hair. "It was a very long time ago, Princess. I believe it was Prince Njord of Vanaheim. Though I was very young."

"Is it true that Queen Frigga has magical powers?" Fleur asked as she laid out a dress. Beautiful white flowers were laid out in the Princess' hair. The same that would lay in Dahlia's.

"Of course." Aaliyah nodded. "And her youngest son, I believe."

Dahlia was too excited to be paying any attention to the conversation around her. The small heart in her chest was beating rather quickly, and a tap never seemed to leave her foot.

By the time that her hair had been finished, she was aching to get up.

Dahlia had picked out an older gown for her to wear. Usually, they would flutter around in day wear. It consisted of white cloths wrapped around their bodies, tied up with a golden string. Much like a toga of sorts. But in glorious occasions like this, they were allowed to truly dress up.