quīnquāgintā

It had been six months since the attack on New York

In those long six months, SHIELD had become more of a home to Dahlia and to Loki. It had taken weeks before the God of Mischief was trusted to be out of his containment system without Dahlia, and another month before the handcuffs were off for good.

It was six months after New York that Loki joined the SHEILD agents for their first mission, and proved himself to be a trusted Avenger.

It had also been six long months for Dahlia and Loki; who's love grew stronger every day.

Natasha and Dahlia grew even closer as well, and Dahlia permanently went by Romanoff now. She was the Russian's little sister, and they were the best of friends.

Clint's role as Dahlia's friend and father figure grew too. He continued to take her bowling and they both decided they liked all sports. He taught her baseball and basketball, and many other games as well.

They were once three, but now were four.

*

"Thor should be back tomorrow. Are you excited to see your big brother?" Dahlia teased.

Loki scoffed from the spot on the floor. "You mean by idiotic brother? Not as so much."

Though Dahlia knew very well that he was excited. They had grown closer since New York. Without the pressure of Asgard and Odin, their relationship grew for the better. Loki no longer felt like he was in a shadow; they were truly brothers again.

"Have you quite finished?" Loki asked Dahlia in the silent room.

A smile graced itself on her face as she finished twisting the elastic. "Yes. I am. Let me see."

Loki turned around on the floor and looked up at Dahlia, noticing her frown. "What is it now?"

"I can never get it to be even." Dahlia sighed at the French braid that she had been practicing. "Even last night it wasn't."

Typically, Loki would never allow for such a thing to happen to his hair; which had grown quite long in the six months he had been on Earth. But Dahlia wanted to get good at doing it for herself, and Loki did not mind letting her practice on him.

"Would you like to try again?"

Dahlia sighed and shook her head. "No. You can take it out. I'll have Natasha help me tomorrow."

Loki nodded and undid the braid in his hair, watching as Dahlia climbed into the bed that they shared. He smiled softly. Loki knew very well that his life would be very different if he had never decided to visit Alfheim over a year ago. He was so happy he did.

"Do you remember when we first met?" Loki asked his love.

Dahlia pulled the covers over her tired body and allowed herself to sink into the bed. "Yes. I do. What of it?"

"I remember thinking how beautiful you were." Loki smiled and stood. He began to undress to change into his own sleeping clothes.

"I remember how weird I thought you were."

"Weird? Why weird?"

Dahlia laughed. "Because I had never seen a man before. It was weird. But I remember I liked your hair."

"You've always liked my hair."

"Very true."

Loki climbed into the bed and moved to lay down next to her. She moved closer to him, resting her head on top of his chest. Dahlia's eyes were heavy and she knew she'd be asleep in a few moments.

A soft kiss was pressed to the top of her head and she smiled. "Do you remember when you sang for me the first time? I was so in love with you that very moment."

The new agent smiled with her eyes closed. "I was much to innocent to know you were a perv. You had barely even met me."

Loki laughed, causing his chest to move up and down along with Dahlia's head. "I was not a perv."

"No, perhaps not. But you were very much in love with me." Dahlia smiled and opened her eyes. She moved to look at him for a moment before pressing a kiss to his chest.

"You just favored me because I taught you how to read."

"You did not teach me! Only helped." The giggle that escaped her lips caused Loki to smile.

"I only helped." Loki then leaned in to kiss her.

Later, the next day, Dahlia was very excited to see her old friend Thor, as were the rest of the Avenger's. It had been weeks since the last time that the God had graced DC with his presence.

Even Natasha and Clint were looking forward to seeing one of their favorite Asgardians.

When Thor arrived, he greeted his younger brother first. Dahlia stood back, smiling at the sight. She knew very well of their troubled relations and simply loved the fact they got along. She hoped that they would always be like that.

"Princess!" Thor exclaimed when he saw Dahlia. He was the only one that still called her a Princess. Everyone else called her by her name; except Loki.

"Hello Thor." Dahlia gave him a hug with a bright smile.

"I have great news to share." Thor smiled. "Odin has permitted your return."

"What?" Dahlia's eyes widened. "I can go home?"

"Yes! I thought we would visit. I shall take you and Loki there."

Dahlia then looked at Natasha and Clint. "Will you come too?"

The two friends smiled and agreed; who would object to an adventure like that.

The Princess of Alfheim's smile was enough to cause world peace. "Perfect. Then, I shall go home."

the end

***ew i suck at writing endings lol but ayyyy there might be an epilogue idky

Thanks for reading this y'all if your a slut for Bucky too check out my Bucky fanfics lol