trīgintā duo

It had been several weeks since Dahlia had found herself on Midgard

It had been several weeks since Dahlia had found herself on Midgard. She had grown very used to SHEILD and the level she was living on. She grew very used to Clint and Natasha, and grew comfortable with the few agents that knew of her existence.

Still, she was lonely.

She longed to spend more time with her friends, and of course, to be with Loki again. As the days went on, she grew worried that Loki may have forgotten about her. She worried that he wasn't able to get to her. She had no way of knowing that Loki was going through the most horrid moment of his life, and she did not know that he had not been able to find her.

Dahlia thought very often of her last few moments with Loki. She had his face memorized in every way. If she closed her eyes, she could see the vivid green of his eyes. She could see the curve of his ears, the straight line of his nose, and the sharp edge of his jawline. She missed his hair and the little curls just barely noticeable unless you're close.

Most importantly she missed his eyes. She missed looking into them every day and feeling completely safe. She missed the way he spoke to her. She missed how he would call her his Princess. She wanted to hear his voice again. She missed him more than anything.

Dahlia did not know she was crying until she remembered to breathe. Her sobs were loud and very quick; she had never cried like this before.

Natasha Romanoff was on her way to visit Dahlia when she heard the sobs from outside the bedroom. At first she paused; she was never the type of person to care about other people. She would only care about her missions. Though things had already started to change for her; and Dahlia was added to the very small list that Natasha cared for more than anything.

The red haired beauty slowly pushed the door open. "Hey little alien, you okay?" She asked.

Dahlia looked up and immediately wiped her eyes and wet cheeks. "Yes. I am okay."

Natasha shut the door behind her and moved to sit down on the soft bed that was pushed against a wall. "What's got you so sad?"

Dahlia pulled her legs up and hugged her knees to the chest; she looked very young to Natasha. "I feel very sad. My heart feels very weird."

"Empty?"

Dahlia nodded then. "Yes. Empty. I keep thinking of my life. I miss my mother and sister. And I miss my boyfriend."

Natasha smiled at Dahlia. It was funny to hear her use words so closely related to humans. "Yeah, having a boyfriend can do that to you. I'm sorry you're sad."

"It is not your fault." Dahlia told her. "It has been a long time since I have been here. Do you think he is still going to come get me?"

Natasha wasn't sure what to say. She wanted him to get Dahlia, and as much as she had grown to like the Princess, she would gladly say goodbye to her if it meant she would return home and live the rest of her life happily.

"I am sure that he is trying his hardest to get to you." Natasha told her and reached out to grab her hand. "But I have some good news for you."

"What's that?"

Natasha then smiled brightly. "Because you are obviously not a threat to us or the human race, Clint and I managed to convince Fury to allow you to leave here for a little while. Have you ever heard of Christmas?"

"No. What is that?"

"It's a religious holiday. I am not very religious. Honestly it's more of a commercial holiday nowadays. Clint asked the two of us to join him for it." Natasha told her.

"What does that mean?"

"We are going on a little trip."

*

The next day, a quinjet landed on an empty field as the sun set. Dahlia was staring out the window, little curls of hair wrapped out her fingers. Her hair had grown longer in her time under the Earth's sun.

The open field was covered with white snow, and Dahlia's eyes widened at the sight of it. She had never once seen the beautiful winter wonderland in front of her. She thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Clint was laughing at her wonder, and even Natasha was smiling at her. "It's called snow. It's frozen water."

"It is the most beautiful thing in the world." Then she thought for a moment. "It's really cool."

Natasha laughed loudly and stood from her seat. "It's really cool. Come on, alien, let's get you inside. Laura has been dying to meet you."

"She is dying?" Dahlia looked at her with wide eyes.

"You know you can't be telling her these things." Clint gave Natasha a look. "It's an expression. It means she's really excited."

"Oh. Then I can't wait to die to meet her." Dahlia said, making the both of them laugh.

The three friends stepped off the quinjet and watched as the autopilot kicked in, and it flew back to DC. Dahlia paid no mind to it, instead she reached down to touch the perfectly white snow. She smiled at the cold feeling in her bare hands; it reminded her of her love.

The sound of a door opening cause all three of them to look up and see a little girl running towards them. She was bundled in a bright pink jacket and within a few seconds, her cheeks were red in color.

Clint dropped his bag on the ground and ran towards his daughter. The five year old girl was more than excited to see her father, and soon an older brother was running in the yard too.

Dahlia watched with a smile as they embraced. She stood next to Natasha then and looked at her. "His family?"

Natasha nodded. It had been a while since she had been with the Barton family. She had missed them.

"Come on girlie, it's freezing. And you need to try hot chocolate."