24 (epilogue)

"Come on, tell us!"

Two pairs eyes look at me pleadingly. I just laugh and look over to Reece. "Do you think they can take the story now?"

"Yes!", I get interrupted by two voices.

"If you behave like this, I don't think we will ever tell you. Instead we might sell your phones so you have time to learn how you act", says Reece.

"Oh come on!", complains the older one. She's fifteen already. It's crazy how time flew by. Reece and I adopted her and her brother when they were 6 and 4, and now two teenagers sit in front of us.

"We've been asking for this story for weeks! Why won't you tell us how you two met?", he complains now.

"Not even Uncle Blake told us when we asked him."

"Because he's not a snitch", Reece interrupts their complaints.

"Maybe we'll tell you after you do the dishes, do the vacuuming and do the washing", I say after a little bit of thinking.

The two of them look at me like I'm crazy.

"Isn't that a deal?", cheers Reece.

"That's mean", she sighs. "But I really want to know."

"Then get going", I say and watch them walk away. Reece and I look at each other and immediately start laughing.

When we calm down, he calls out for them to hear: "Spoiler: We fall in love!"