chapter 1

❝ He said that I was the prettiest flower in the garden and watered me with gasoline

❝ He said that I was the prettiest flower in the garden and watered me with gasoline. ❞

I forgot what it was like to do ordinary things like going to school. First I found the normalcy in the drugs and the violence. After that, it was all about the strict schedule at the rehab center, composed mostly of group therapy sessions and different activities that were supposed to keep us busy. Now, out in the world and without a clear idea of what to expect, I was lost. Completely and utterly lost. And that was a bad thing because the only way that I knew how to feel safe and found again was by getting high.

My fingers were clenching the edge of the sink, trembling and knuckles white from how tight I was holding on to it. There was an enraged expression on my face, while my eyes remained focused on my reflection in front of me, almost as if I was mad that a glare wasn't enough to change me in to a different person. In reality, that would've been nice. I'd take the possibility to become a new person any day. The numerous versions of myself that I created during rehab, didn't seem to really be working well for me.

The sudden sound of crying made me break eye contact with my reflection and look around the female toilets with confusion. I was certain that I was on my own, but when I made my way to the long line of stalls, I realised that my suspicions were correct. Someone was sobbing in the very last one, someone who nearly kicked me in the face when I got on my knees, peered through the hole that was under the door and nervously asked: '' Are you okay? ''

'' G-Get the fuck out! Do you like watching people pee or something? '' I barely jumped back, rolled over the tiles and out of the reach of the girl's pink heels and then the door that she opened with a strong slam.

'' Well sorry for asking, '' I seriously mumbled and slowly lifted myself on my feet again. ''  I just wanted to know if maybe you wanted a tissue or something, but screw you, I guess. I ain't giving you one now. You can wipe your eyes in the toilet paper. Considering the way that our university looks, I bet that it's designer anyway, or some stupid shit like that. ''

The girl stormed out of the toilet cubicle, put her bag next to one of the sinks and took out her makeup pouch. She flipped her dark hair over her shoulders before she began to rummage through the expensive lipsticks and powders. I didn't think that she was going to dedicate me another word, but just as I was about to stalk past her and leave the toilets, she suddenly glanced over her shoulder and asked: '' Do you feel bad for me? I love it when people feel bad for me. ''

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. '' Why would you like that? ''

'' That's the key to power. You have to make people think that you're weak. That's when they will do anything for you, while you just sit back and enjoy your life, '' she explained, turned towards the mirrors and inspected her reflection again. Her eyes were reddened from the crying, but somehow she managed to not smear her makeup too much. It seemed like she could tell what I was thinking, because in the next moment she suddenly smiled and said: '' I'm a professional at fake crying. I've been doing it since forever. This time, I'm trying to make people pity me because Byun Baekhyun's girlfriend stole my boyfriend. ''