chapter 6

❝ You will never know the real me

You will never know the real me. I won't let you.

What did I do last night?

The memories seemed lost at first, buried under too much alcohol and bad decisions and it would've been better if they never came back. After a few sips of strong black coffee and a rush of caffeine, my head slowly started clearing up again. I was standing on the steps in front of the main university building when the previous night's events suddenly came back to me, all at once, shaking up my thoughts and making me feel a sudden urge to punch myself in the face or jump in the nearest bush and hide there until the rest of eternity. 

I can blame it on the alcohol, but I still can't believe that I did that. 

Every time that I think I reachest my lowest point, I fall even lower.

After miserably losing at poker, I got so drunk that I could barely even stand, let alone think clearly. I was going to do something really stupid with Vernon, but we got interrupted by Baekhyun. I wasn't completely sure what happened afterward, but I remembered getting carried out of that house party on Baekhyun's shoulder. Me repeating how I had things under control, him yelling. He was scolding me for being unable to make a single smart decision and when he threw me on the passenger seat of his car and leaned forward, to make sure that I was buckled, I suddenly grabbed the collar of his shirt, looked him in the eyes and asked: '' Wanna do drugs and have sex? '' 

Baekhyun's right, my stupidity is quite something. 

It's going to be so awkward the next time that we'll see each other. 

'' Hey, slut! '' I was standing on the steps in front of the university, spacing out and cursing my stupidity until someone purposely bumped against me and made me spill my black coffee all over my shirt. Blinking with surprise, I slowly raised my gaze towards the unknown girl, before I looked down at what was left of my drink. I was staring at it for a few moments, then I quickly splashed what was left of the murky liquid on her white shoes, threw the plastic cup in a nearby trash can and started walking again. 

The girl gasped in shock, clearly horrified by my actions, then she quickly hurried after me. I knew that she was part of Yerim's friend group, but I couldn't remember her name. On the contrary - she seemed to have some kind of problem with me. '' Is there something that you want or are you just trying to ruin my day? You are going to have to come up with a better insult then. Besides, you can't ruin my day when I already ruined it for myself all on my own. So... Better luck tomorrow? If you set up an alarm and find me first thing in the morning you might still have a chance, otherwise, I'll probably already be in a bad mood. '' 

'' Is your brain fried from all the drugs that you take? Don't even try to act innocent. '' She grabbed me by my shoulder and pushed me against a nearby wall. Some students turned their heads with surprise at the sudden commotion, but no one stopped and said anything. My gaze met hers again and she narrowed her eyes in anger. She seemed to hate me, but after I heard what she said next, I couldn't tell anymore if she was trying to insult me or ask me for advice. '' How did you get the elite club's attention? I heard that you played poker with them last night... Did you lose on purpose? ''