epilogue: changbin

❝ You can try to push me away, but I'll find my way back to your heart

Everyone was gone and Seo Changbin had never been so alone. In a way, he resented all the people who left him - Seulgi, Taeyong, Kit, Yerim, everyone. Seulgi practically disappeared, Taeyong was stuck in the hospital, Kit was too busy handling her family's clubs and no one had time for Changbin. Why did they even walk into his life when they knew that at one point - they were going to leave him again? What was the point in creating memories and bonds? Why did he let himself get used to having somebody by his side? It made returning to being alone that much more painful. Now, he had no choice but to go back to ranting about his miserable life on his twitter account, to the followers who seemed to be the only ones who cared about his existence.

That day, he decided to change something. It was his first time meeting a person from the internet and he was ninety-nine percent sure that he was going to get kidnapped and killed, but it was too late to turn back now. He regretted his spontaneous decision, but his online friend was already on his way to the hospital where he stopped to pay a visit to Taeyong. Changbin texted him while he was sitting next to the rich boy's bed. Once, they created an internet site that they used for selling cocaine and the memory made him get emotional, but now that he was out of his room and in the hallway of the hospital, his nerves were quickly starting to get the best of him. 

He was leaning against the wall by the vending machine, sipping a coffee and impatiently tapping his foot against the ground. The reception room was almost completely empty at that time of day, there was just one bored nurse that was sitting behind the front desk and a few more people that were scattered in different parts of the room. Changbin kept his gaze focused on his phone and he was frantically typing messages to his online friend. 

-changbin:

I'm nervous.

lix1234:

You're the one who wanted us to meet in real life.

You better not change your mind now.

I already spent a fortune on the subway ticket.

Plus the ice cream that I bought myself on the way to the hospital.

I got you one too, but then it started melting, so I ate it.

But the thought is still there though, so... You're welcome. 

-changbin:

I made a mistake.

This is making me realise just how different we really are.

lix1234:

Too late, I'm already at the hospital.

Who cares about our differences anyway? 

I know that you come from a rich family and I don't, but... Who cares?

Anyway... Where are you? 

I swear, if you already went home, I will hack your Twitter account and delete it!

-changbin:

I don't think it still counts as hacking when I told you my password.

I'm by the vending machines, by the way. On the left side of the reception room.

 Changbin stood there and stared when a boy his age walked through the main entrance of the hospital. His eyes grew wide at the sight of his blonde hair and shining eyes, then he let out a deep sigh, feeling relieved because Felix looked exactly like his pictures did. His eyebags were a little more prominent and Changbin noticed some freckles that he didn't see before, but it was still him. Felix was a lot more than just a friend from Twitter. Somehow, he always found the time to listen to Changbin's ranting and he always tried his best to make him feel better. 

Changbin nervously held his breath and watched how Felix walked right past him and wrapped his arms around an old man. '' I knew that you were secretly a forty-year-old weirdo, but it's okay! I love you anyway! ''

He barely managed to hold his laughter when Felix realised that the old man wasn't the person that he was looking for. He bowed and murmured a few apologies, then he took his phone from his pocket and quickly started typing. Soon, Changbin received his messages.

lix1234:

Where are you?

I just made a total fool of myself, but nothing new, I guess. 

Did you really change your mind and go home?

Or am I at the wrong hospital? 

The only people here are some old man and a cute guy.

Hold on, I think that the cute guy is looking at me.

What should I do?

-changbin:

Go talk to him. 

But don't bring out any dumb pickup lines or he might punch you.

lix1234:

How do you know that he might punch me?

-changbin:

It's just intuition.

Surprisingly, his internet friend did as he was told and reluctantly approached him. There was a nervous smile on his lips and he barely managed to stop himself from stuttering when he said: '' Hi. I know that this might sound weird, but do you want some company? I'm waiting for a friend. Are you waiting for someone too? ''

'' I am. ''

'' Oh really? What a coincidence! Then we can totally wait together! I'm not from this area of Seoul... Are you familiar with this neighborhood? Are there any good restaurants or other cool spots nearby? By the way, what's your name? I'm Felix! ''

Changbin reached out, shook his hand and smiled.

'' I'm Changbin. Nice to meet you. ''