special chapter: seulgi & taeyong

❝ Fresh out of fucks forever

Kissing Taeyong was a bad idea. Kang Seulgi was well aware of that. He was the last boy that she voluntarily touched. But sadly, not the last one who involuntarily touched her. 

She never truly accepted that part of herself, the corner of her heart that preferred women over men. Her father taught her that it was wrong for her to look at other females like that. He scorned whenever he even passed two boys on the street and saw them holding each other's hands. Seulgi heard him call them a disgrace and listened to his rambling about what a disappointment they were to their parents. And she wanted nothing more than to make her father happy, so she suppressed that part of herself for as long as she could.

She thought that Taeyong might help her feel better, but in his arms, she felt even emptier than before. He pushed her against a wall, pulled up her shirt, unclipped her bra and her heart still remained void of any emotion. What they were doing was wrong and they both knew it, but they knowingly used each other. 

Seulgi knew that Taeyong's state of mind was far from clear and that was exactly what attracted her to him. They were both destroying themselves to stay at a place where they didn't belong and they bonded over the problems that they had with their fathers. Seulgi was shocked when she heard that mister Lee had the habit to beat his son, while Taeyong couldn't believe the things that the pastor said about same-sex relationships.

Sometimes, Seulgi felt numb to the world. Other times, her emotions were too much to handle. She was always counting the number of pills that she needed for a nice high and wondering if she should take a few more and float away forever. '' Doing drugs was a bad idea. I can't get enough of them now. Staying in reality makes it impossible to dream and I'd rather be high than see the world for what it is... You aren't going to go down the same road, are you? Taeyong? ''

Seulgi and Taeyong were laying next to each other and smoking a joint. His gaze was directed at the ceiling of the unknown room, while she was on her stomach and watching him with a fascinated expression on her face. Their clothes were scattered on the floor and they could hear the distant sound of music that was coming from the party downstairs. Both Seulgi and Taeyong couldn't remember the last time that they touched another human while being sober. Seulgi wasn't sure if she even still knew how to connect with others without the help of drugs. 

'' My cousin is coming back to Seoul in a few days. She was in the same rehab center as you. I'm warning you... Stay away from her. I don't want you to drag her down in your shitty life. She already has more than enough of her own shit to deal with, '' Taeyong seriously murmured and took a drag from the joint. His chest was exposed, sheets tangled around his legs. He could feel Seulgi's fingers, gently grazing over his arm and traveling over the bruises that his father left on his skin.

'' Rehab? '' Seulgi curiously asked. That word immediately piqued her curiosity. '' How long has she been in there? I was out pretty fast, but the days that I spent there were still one of the worst times of my life. ''

'' Three years. ''

The girl's eyes grew wide with surprise. '' That's a long three years that she will never get back. ''

'' That's right. So don't make her return to rehab and lose even more precious time. '' Seulgi rolled on her back and rested her head on Taeyong's chest. He handed her the joint that he was smoking and asked: '' How did you like this, by the way? Us. What we just did. ''

'' The sex? It was boring. ''

Taeyong scrunched up his nose, clearly offended and childishly mumbled: '' Go to hell. ''

Seulgi mockingly scoffed and let out a quiet, amused laugh. She took a long drag from the joint, blew out the smoke in the air and watched it fade into nothingness. Then, she quietly answered: '' I believe we're already in hell. Don't you agree? '' 

'' You're right. '' 

Seulgi and Taeyong would both give everything they had or would ever have, just to feel happiness again.