epilogue: baekhyun & kit

❝ Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not, but at best I can say I'm not sad

Byun Baekhyun was swimming from one side of the pool to the other. It was his favorite place in Kit's mansion. His figure was illuminated by pale blue lights and the water was gracefully hugging his slender arms. He was more beautiful than a painting, as pretty as an angel who just fell from heaven.

It took Kit quite some time before she got used to him loving her. It took her even more time before she was able to love him back. He always had a special place in her heart, but Kit was broken. Her past made it difficult for her to connect with people and she kept getting into toxic relationships, because they reminded her of Wong Yukhei, her first love, the man who's name was still etched in the back of her heart. She didn't know how to love like a normal person, but Baekhyun was a wakeup call, who helped her stay alive and on the right path.

Baekhyun caught a glimpse of Kit's shadow, squatted down on the side of the pool and waiting for him to notice her presence. A small smile appeared on his lips when he saw that she was wearing one of her favorite baggy sweaters. He loved how she never changed that part about herself, even after she took over her parents' clubs and became filthy rich. She had so much money that she didn't know what to do with it and yet she still walked around in years old clothing or Baekhyun's oversized shirts. '' Is there something that you want to tell me or did you come here just to watch me swim? ''

'' Our presence is needed at one of clubs. Well, mine is, but I want you there with me, '' Kit replied and smirked in amusement. '' As much as I'd love to watch you swim for hours and hours, we need to go. We've got work to do. ''

Baekhyun looked at her, with love radiating from his dark eyes. People often found it hilarious how much he changed when he was around her. He liked to purposely provoke her, but it was always in a sweet, endearing way, but as soon as someone tried to cause her any harm, he turned in to a completely different person - a loyal right-hand man who wouldn't hesitate to raise his gun and kill. '' Whatever you order, boss. Consider it done. You're the one who calls the shots. ''

She held her hand towards him, offering to lift him out of the pool. He grabbed it and the corners of his lips curved in to a smile. Her eyes slightly widened in realisation, but she was too slow and in the next moment, he already pulled her in the pool with him. A startled shriek escaped her lips, then their figures sunk underwater.

Kit was waving her arms around and trying to swim until Baekhyun placed his hands on her cheeks and pulled her into a kiss.