epilogue: vernon & bambam

❝ I missed her yesterday, I miss her today and I know that I'll miss her tomorrow too

I missed her yesterday, I miss her today and I know that I'll miss her tomorrow too.

'' You miss her, don't you? ''

'' Shut up. ''

'' No matter how many times you say that, it won't change the truth, '' Bambam replied and chuckled in amusement. Flames were reflecting in his eyes, from the fire that was burning in front of him. There was a party at Vernon's house once again and no one spared a second look at Bambam, who was sitting outside and destroying some important documents that he didn't want anyone else to find. '' What happened to you, man? You're a wreck. We used to have such a good time together. Did you forget about it all? Now you just drink until you pass out and stop thinking about her. ''

Vernon stumbled for a few steps and almost tripped before he collapsed on the chair next to Bambam's. He took a long sip from his beer bottle before he brought his hand to his face and tiredly massaged the bridge of his nose. '' And what did we do before? We always just drank. Well, drank and did drugs. Now I'm bored even of that. ''

'' That's true, but it was different. We did it because it was fun... Now we drink because it's the way that we cope with being alive. '' Bambam ran through his light orange hair with his hand and sighed. '' I still can't believe that you never told Kit the truth about everything. How could she forget about a childhood friend like you? What a bitch. ''

Vernon scowled and narrowed his eyes in a warning glare. '' Don't talk about her like that. ''

There was no coincidence that Vernon once left Seoul and joined a gang with her, but he never told her the truth about it. He was hoping that she would eventually remember all the summers that they spent together as kids, before their parents had an argument which led to them never seeing each other again. But she didn't. Vernon tried to force himself back into her heart, but there was no space there for him and his actions caused more damage than good. Eventually, he figured that he simply wasn't important enough for her to remember and nothing would ever change that. He wasn't the one and he would never be the one.

Bambam let out a bitter laugh and murmured: '' You have everything besides her and yet she's still the one that you want the most. How tragic. ''

'' Shut up, '' Vernon repeated for what felt like the umpteenth time that night. Those days, it was the most common, if not the only thing that he said to most people. He took a long sip from his beer bottle and stared at the flames that were burning in front of them and licking away the remains of the documents that they stole from their university. Old exams, assignments, homework papers - everything that you could possibly need to pass your classes with perfect grades. They used some of them to frame a guy that insulted the elite club and now they were destroying what was left of the evidence. '' I don't want to talk about her anymore. Let's plan our next move instead. We've got a lot of work to do. I'm still kind of bummed about how Yukhei left Seoul, since I was hoping that he would join us, but it doesn't matter. The swallows will still rise. ''

'' If we play our cards right, we will have the world of Seoul's elites under our control. ''

Bambam and Vernon clanked their beer bottles together and smiled in excitement. The elite club, the new swallows, were slowly but surely rising to the sky. 

They started this shitty game and they were ready to play it until the end.

THE END OF LEGACY: FIRST GENERATION!

LEGACY: SECOND GENERATION COMING SOON!

an: well this story took a slightly different turn than how i originally planned it to be lol i may or may not have completed this after drinking way too much caffeine (for no reason) and staying up the whole night oops so i apologize if it makes zero sense >,>

(me at 10pm last night: i'm all out of chocolate milk, so i might as well make myself a coffee instead)

(when you make this life-changing discovery: what you lack in serotonin and motivation, you can almost completely substitute with caffeine lol)

♡ thank you for reading ♡