Chapter 18

"So, you choose to leave, huh?" you asked Niji. The Vinsmoke siblings were ready to go back. You were at the harbor with them. They leave you and Niji alone to talk. Reiju let you and Niji talk to be exact.

"Yep. Like you said, I choose what made me happy." He smiled.

You stared at his face. He doesn't even looked sad. I wish I could wake up to that smile everyday... You frowned.

Niji sighed and put his hand on your chin. "Look at me."

"...What?"

"Are you sure you're fine with this?"

"...yes." Say what you want to say, Y/N! The voices in your head shouted. You hummed. You grabbed his hand and hold it. "Niji, listen to me, I-"

"Brother!" a voice shouted. Niji looked up and saw Yonji yelling from the deck. "We should get going!"

"I guess it's time to say goodbye." Niji looked back a you, a small smile plastered on his face. "I love you, goodbye, Y/N." He pulled you into a deep, passionate kiss before breaking the kiss and turned to his ship.

He glanced at you and waved his hand.

You waved back at him. "Love you, too." A smile, yet, looked sad, appeared on your face. "If you love me you would stay," you whispered.

You watched as their ship slowly sailed away, covered in the mist. You sighed and turned around. You were guarded by many soldiers.

You walked back to your carriage and immediately went back to your castle. Inside the carriage, thinking about all things that just happened.

It felt like a dream. B/N wasn't your brother, Al was actually your brother, and you hated him because he was just arrogant. Niji said he loved you but then went away.

I guess he just wanted my body all along. You frowned.

•••

"Yeah... He went back home with his siblings yesterday," you explained to Al through the snail phone. "And, well, I don't blame him. We never wanted this wedding."

"That shit ass," Al mumbled. "What do you mean you never wanted this wedding? You think like that, maybe before this whole thing but I thought you loved each other now?"

"I thought so too. But I guess he doesn't love me back." You weakly smile, even though Al couldn't see it.

"Do you want me to like, beat him up?"

"No. Definitely not."

"But he made you cry, didn't he?"

"No, he didn't."

"He definitely did. I'll hang up. I'm going to Germa now."

"Wait, no, why-" He hung up. You stared at the snail phone in front of you petulantly. The thing he'd probably do will embarrass yourself. You sighed and walked back to your office, continuing to work.

The time when Niji left, you cried in your room. You just didn't have the energy to met people. Niji really broke your heart. You couldn't believe he did leave you. But you believe that you gave him the choice. It wasn't his fault. He chose what made him happy. Leaving you should make him happy, shouldn't it?

You started to look at the paperworks and other letters your people sent to you for you to read. You stared at them, one by one, you read them, but it didn't get inside your head. Everything was just didn't get inside your head.

Your view starting to turned not clear. Tears were filling your eyes. Even though you tried to be strong, you couldn't. You let Niji inside your heart. You trusted him. You liked him, and it turned to the point where you fall for him. You love him, you still do.