Chapter 20

You and Niji sat inside of a sitting room, sitting across each other. A servant came in and brought two cups of tea. She nodded and walked out from the room. You grabbed the tea, glancing at Niji. He didn't do anything. He was just staring at your stomach.

"Drink it," you said. "My servant made it for us so you should drink it."

He hummed in respond, taking the tea and drank it. The two of you stayed silent for a moment. You closed your eyes, enjoying the silence, while Niji, in the other hand, seemed uncomfortable with the silence.

"How long have you been pregnant, Y/N?" Niji asked, trying to start up a conversation.

"2 to 3 months, but I guess it's about 3 months now," you answered.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Why should I?"

"Because I'm the father?"

"Well, why did you leave?"

"You told me to choose what makes me happier."

"Exactly. You choose Germa. You aren't happy being with me. If I told you I'm just gonna be a burden and you're gonna hate me."

"First thing first, I'm happy being with you, second, you're not a burden, third, I will never hate you."

"Say what you want." You sighed. "I can't even think positively."

"Just try then."

"You know it's not easy." You stared at his eyes.

"I know, but Leon's with you, right? He radiates positivity."

"Yeah, but it doesn't affect me."

"What have you been doing since I went back to Germa?"

"Oh, you know, just living life."

"There's nothing different going on?"

"Well, I cry more often."

"Y/N..."

"You know, with you leaving me was so hard for me to handle. You broke my trust. I know I gave you the option but you left without even looking sad, do you know how do I felt that day? I was... ruined, I was broken."

"You're just being selfish."

"Selfish?" you asked. "Maybe I am. After everything we've been through, I just can't, Niji. You made me fall for you, I never wanted to fall for you. And now, I'm just carrying your child inside my stomach."

"At least I'm here now." He shrugged.

"Yes. You're here. But don't think that everything's gonna stay the same as back then. As I say, I'm carrying your child, Al told me that we should arrange our marriage real soon."

"Seriously?"

"I'm 3 months pregnant, Niji. You like it or not we need to do it."

He sighed. "Alright. We just need to set up the date, right? The dress and suit were ready months ago, and for the others maybe Al could hire a wedding organizer or something."

"...Yeah. We just need to set up the date. Al already hired the wedding organizer, it'll be ready two weeks from now."

"You mean the wedding is two weeks from now?"

"Yes."

"That's fast." He rubbed his cheek.

"What? Now you're telling you're not ready for this much of a responsibility?"