52

Jungkook’s POV

It’s been a couple of days since I talked to Yumi noona on the phone. We’re now in Japan for our two day concert this weekend. I’m starting to get anxious. After confirming to me that she did receive our schedule, she never contacted me again. I thought I was able to get my point across. It was so hard for me to expose my almost love life to her in the hopes that she might understand what Namjoon hyung feels now.

The surprising thing is, after Namjoon hyung’s little break down, he got a little better. It’s either he’s really starting to accept the fact that noona is not coming back or he became so good at acting normal. No one knew what I did except for Jin hyung who only knows I tried to contact her but never really got through the phone. Our first plan did not work so I thought I could help out by contacting Yumi noona.

“Jungkook-ah. Let’s go.” I hear Taehyung hyung call for me from the entrance of my hotel room. We decided to get dinner together again in one of the boys’ room, of course to accompany Namjoon hyung.

“Yeah.” I replied. I stood up, grabbed my denim polo and put it on before following Taehyung outside. Once we are inside Namjoon hyungs room, I noticed some of us are not here yet.

“Where are the others?” I asked.

“You mean where’s Soo Jin?” Jin hyung asked while propping an arm around my shoulders. I rolled my eyes at him and pushed him off of me softly.

“I meant all of the others that are not here. And yes, including her.” I answered. With that being said, the door clicked open and I see Allie holding a small cake in her hands. She stole a glance at me but it was too quick until I see her searching the room.

“Oppa!” She called out. I looked at the direction where she’s looking at and see she was walking to Namjoon hyung. I followed her with my eyes and walked quietly further in the room.

“Here.” She said shyly.

“Ah. Soo Jin-ah. You didn’t have to.” He said while standing up from the couch and reaching for the box on the girl’s hand. I see Allie smiling up at him and I feel my lips slightly curve up as well.

“You need to cheer up, oppa. You have two concerts lined up this week.” I hear her say while she’s showing two of her fingers. Sometimes, I wonder how she can be so cute and bubbly to my other members but not to me. I get that I get on her nerves most of the time but I just haven’t really moved on from the idea that aside from being my English tutor, my hyungs also joked around that they assigned her as my baby sitter. I’m old enough. I can take care of myself.

“I know, Soo Jin-ah. Oppa is ready. But thank you for this. It’s so sweet of you.” I hear Namjoon hyung say while ruffling her hair. Allie giggled and followed Namjoon hyung to where we were standing.

“Jimin-ah. Can you get this out of the box so we can have it for dessert later?” Namjoon hyung said. Jimin saluted and reached for the box so he can prepare it for dinner. In a while, Hobi hyung entered the room with multiple bags on hand followed by Yoongi hyung and Jesse noona. To be honest, right after Namjoon and Tae were back from New Caledonia, we somehow silently agreed that we spend more time with Namjoon hyung as much as possible. We know how heart breaking it is to be rejected. We have experienced it a million times. But this rejection is not the same as anything else. Namjoon hyung might look strong and alright in the outside, but I’m sure it’s already tiring for him to not have time to grieve on his own.

We started fixing the hotel room so all of us can sit in a circle on the floor. I sat beside Namjoon hyung, feeling the need to comfort him with my presence and unsurprisingly Taehyung hyung did too, sitting on his other side. Without much conversation, we started to eat our food. After a while of the usual chatter of the group and devouring the usual Japanese food we order, I feel my phone buzz inside the pocket of my jeans.