Friends

The first day of the photoshoot is almost done. Jem managed to keep herself professional in spite of the emotion she felt when she saw Alex. "Hey, should I call you Director or Jem?" Alex asked Jem. "Kahit ano." "Oh, wait. Pinoy ka din pala. I'll you Jem. San ka sa Pinas?" "I don't give personal information to a person who I just met." "Sorry, anyways. Take a look of the photos, let me know if I need to change some angles or lighting." While Alex is showing the photos to Jem, Jem is looking a t Alex' face with a sad face. She badly wants to hug Alex and congratulate her of her achievement in life. "So what do you think?" "Uhmm, what's that again." "You're not listening? I know I am too cute to handle but let's try to be professional here. You can ask me out if you want to stare at me that way." "What?" Alex laughed. "I think your photos are unique." "Thank you!" "Thanks, we'll see you on Wednesday for the next session." "Copy on that Director Kim."

Everyone packed up. While Raz is driving, "Boss, is it just me or did you guys felt weird about Director Kim?" "Panong weird Raz?" "Coz when she saw you, she cried like why? Ang weird naman if about sa iced coffee diba?" "I don't know, me, I felt like I knew her. I felt comfortable working with her today, I  am not like that with other clients." "Ikr." "And let's not deny, she gorgeous, girlfriend material." "Hay nako boss, ayan ka nanaman. Never again." "Fine."

Throwback. Two years ago, Niki contacted Alex' company to hire them for her photoshoot in US. Alex was so kind, whenever Niki needs her she's rushing to her whether if it is work or non-work related. Alex stayed in US for six months, even if Niki's photoshoot is done she kept in touch with Niki. Niki fell inlove with Alex but Alex didn't feel the same way. They're on a restuarant in LA, Niki dressed gorgeously. "Hi, Alex! Have a seat." "Hey, Niki. What's the occassion?" "Nothing, I just want to spend the night with you." "I see." Niki handed a box to Alex, "It's is not my birthday yet. Haha." "Just open it." Alex opened it, it was a Rolex watch with diamonds approximately $100,000. "Wow, why are you giving me this?" Niki showed her watch, "It is our couple watch. Look." Niki raised her left wrist.

"I can't accept this Niki." "Why?" "I want to be your friend forever." "Alex, I love you more than just a friend." "I am sorry Niki." "Alex, are seeing someone?" "No Niki, I want to focus on my career and I don't think I am ready to have such committment." "I will not be a burden to you Alex, promise. You're the only one that I have." "I promise Niki to stay by your side no matter what, I'll be your forever friend. Let's not hurt each other Niki." Niki left the restaurant and didn't contact Alex for weeks. After six months Alex went back to Paris, after few months she was shocked when Niki visited her office.