1. It Begins

I took one long deep breath while staring at myself in the mirror. My hands splayed out in front of me on my vanity.

"You got this Jiah," I assured myself. "It's only a month. Thirty days, and then he's gone."

A soft smile came across my face. That's not a long time at all. Not in the grand scheme of things. I can just ignore him for the time being and then a month later send him off with a nice door slam.

"I got this."

"You know talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity."

Speak of the devil.

Minhee made his way into my room with no second thought of if I wanted him to come in or not.

"Stalking others would be the second. I didn't say you could come in." Slowly I stood up, walking towards my unmade bed.

I hear a scoff from behind me.

"I've been here, like, what? 20 minutes? And you're already sick of me." He comments.

Absentmindedly, I begin to fix my bed sheets and comforter.
Why, out of all the people his parents know, did they decide leaving him with my family while they go on their three week cruise to Europe would work out great?

"I've been sick of you for the past six years," I quip back, smacking my pillows back into shape.

"That's a long time."

I huff out a breath of air.

"You have no idea."

"I'm glad you've enjoyed the time we've spent together," Minhee sarcastically says.

I turn around to face him. There was quite a height difference between us so I have to look up to meet his gaze. The edges of his lips turned up in a smug smile.

In his hands he held up one of my stuffed animals.

"Don't touch my stuff."

I reach out to grab it but he just raises his hand up above his head, way past my capability of retrieving it.

Minhee chuckles as if it's the funniest thing in the world.

My eyes narrow on his. "I will murder you," I say confidently. Unfortunately the dark sentence doesn't faze him at all.

In fact, he seems to enjoy himself more because of it.

He leans closer towards me. "I'd like to see you try," he states, amused. Suddenly he shoves the stuffed animal into my hands.

Minhee starts walking out the door.

"I would watch out if I were you. I know where you sleep now," I threatened.

He takes a brief second to turn back towards me.

"I'm counting on it."

I sit down on my bed, upset.

I always felt disarmed after every interaction with Minhee.

This was going to be a long month.