20. Things Go Bad Sometimes

I woke up Saturday fresh and chipper. The day's agenda getting me up and moving from excitement. Showered and dressed in no time.

My parents were pleasantly surprised to see me up so early. Usually I sleep in on the weekends. And even then I would stay in my PJs into the afternoon.

"What's going on with you?" My father asks, running into me in the hall way. He was adjusting the sleeve of his button down. Definitely not his usual Saturday get up.

"I could ask the same about you," I reply with a small inquisitive smile.

"Your mother and I are going out to the club for tennis and brunch."

I let out a fake little gasp. "That sounds like so much fun," I say sarcastically, "Are you two members yet?"

My dad gives me a look. "Not funny. Your mother and I are happy to join the other families at the club. They're fun people."

"Yeah, all that stock exchange talk. It's a thrill a minute!"

He softly chuckles. Although he tries to condemn my sarcastic remarks I can tell he finds it amusing. I know it's his job to shape me into this perfect young lady that's polite and whatever else.

But I'm not that.

And I probably will never be that.

"Alright, alright. You still didn't answer my question. What are you planning to do today?"

I clasp my hands behind my back and twist my foot around a bit. "I was just going to hangout with a friend."

"Seoyeon?"

"Uh, no actually it's a new friend. His name is Seungyoun." I brace myself for the impending interrogation.

My father tilts his head and thinks for moment. "He's from the Cho family, right?"

I nod my head.

"Good family. Is Minhee going with you?"

"Probably not." I say truthfully.

He smiles contently at something that came to his mind. "You know ever since that boy arrived you've been a lot more busy. It's good to see you busying yourself outside of the house."

"I guess so." Maybe Minhee has been a good influence in a way.

"It was a good idea of Minhee to stay with us."

Minhee really has made— wait what?

"What do you mean?"

"Well, his parents originally wanted him to stay at their house by himself. He convinced them to let him stay here. But it all worked out. Anyways, have a good time sweetie, and stay safe."

"Yeah okay," I say absentmindedly as my dad walked away.

Why would Minhee decide to stay here?

My confusion grew throughout the rest of the morning. I made an actual breakfast instead of something quick because I had time before Seungyoun came to pick me up.

"Someone's in a productive mood." Minhee's tone though sarcastic was masked by his throaty morning voice. "Why are you all dressed up?"

He goes to the fridge to pour himself a glass of something to drink. His blonde hair was a disheveled mess.

"If you must know it's because I'm going out with Seungyoun." It may have been a poor choice of words.

Minhee goes still for a moment before returning back to earth.